Chapter 9

Cynthia suddenly stopped singing and looked up to look at the little girl. Noticing her, the little girl changed her facial expressions instantly and smiled warmly at her. Seeing the little girl's changed in attitude, the boy thought.

'Hah! What a fake!' He held in his rising anger and looked at the baby. His expression also changed instantly. The baby then opened her mouth and said.

"Sister, does it feel better now? I tried my best to make the pain go away!" She raised her two fist and eagerly looked at the little girl trying her best to look cute and act like a kid.

'Gah!!! I'm acting childish, really! Wish it would be like in novels were there is a time skip so that this event will pass fast! (ᗒᗩᗕ))' She silently cried tears of humiliation without a single change on her face. The little girl was touched to see her act like that. She raised her hands and gently stroked the little baby's head that was hairless.

The boy was once again filled with anger. Jealousy could be seen as you look at his deep blue irises. Veins could be seen on his forehead. The little girl opened her mouth and said to the baby.

"Its all better now, thanks... Tia. And... i'm sorry for what i did earlier to you... i, it was an accident, it wasn't my intention to hurt you... but i know i am at the wrong here... and its okay if you don't accept my apology....and i plan to do my best so that i can atone for my sins and repay you all for taking me in... This is my sincere apology... i-i hope you will let me mend my wrong doings and relay you all..." The little girl lowered her head. The shadow of her thick long lashes cascaded down her face. The baby looked at her and aggressively shook her head.

"No!! Sister didn't mean it to! And i already forgave you! It was all an accident that no one would have known! Raise your head sister!" The baby frantically waved both her hands. But the little girl still had her head lowered. She then suddenly embraced the baby catching her off guard. She felt her nose turned sour and lightly sniffled.

"Tia, i-i'm very thankful to have met you. I wish that there wont be a man that would be better for you." She resolutely said. Her tone was very firm. The baby was confused as to why she said that.

Cynthia: ???

Hearing her last sentence, the boy suddenly relaxed and nodded his head in response. 'So she can also say something useful. This is the first time that i agree with her.' He thought and chuckled lightly.

...

At the crown prince's palace...

Xavier was practicing with his wooden sword alone in a desolated training ground when he suddenly felt his nose turn itchy.

"Achoo!" He sneezed and covered his nose with his callused hands. His whole body was filled with sweat because of his training.

'I guess someone is badmouthing me again...' He thought and straightened his posture and continued with his sword training.

...

Back at Cynthia's room...

The three children fell asleep and were lying together at the pink gaudy bed. Their breathing were in sync as they went to dreamland. The cat was also sleeping while letting out purr sounds quietly. The baby suddenly furrowed her brows and was muttering something.

"Please.... don't.... mom, dad, brother.... hic..." Tears suddenly escaped from her tightly closed eyelids. She gripped the bedsheets and sobbed.

"No... I don't want to go to the dark room... Please, hic, don't hit me... I'll be good... i wont do it again.... hic..." She quietly muttered without waking up the two kids next to her.