Chapter 14

Previously...

Cynthia's POV:

"Brother!" I waved my hand as I called out for my brother with a wide smile. He then looked in our direction as his lips were slightly curved into an arc. Brother strode towards us as he used his long, yet slender legs that were wrapped around in black trousers. His face was as always looked stunning as if it was sculpted by God himself and didn't contain any sweat.

'Truly, I am quite blessed to be surrounded by attractive people!' After I snapped out of my thoughts, he had already reached our side.

Present...

"Ehem, what brings you to the training grounds, Tia?" He asked us, his voice sounded quite pleasant to the ears.

'With that voice, he will swoon all the hearts of countless maidens when they hear him both young and old! Also, just imagining him sing makes me all hyped up! Kyaa!' (≧▽≦)

"Brother, can you sing?" I unconsciously said in a daze as I looked at him with an expectant look. He was taken aback by my sudden request that his eyes grew wide.

"Huh? Me, sing?" He pointed his index finger to himself as his face was filled with bewilderment.

Sienna: "Pfft..."

"Yes!" I nodded my head in response. After saying that, I regained consciousness and snapped out of my thoughts.

'Wait, what did I say earlier? Did I ask my brother to sing!? The male lead of this novel!? Gahh!! I must've been insane!'

"Wait, wait, wait! You don't really have to sing! Please just ignore what I said earlier!" I waved my hands frantically for him to just disregard what I said earlier.

"But, if it's a request from Tia, then I'll gladly comply with it." He lowered his head and his ears were slightly a bit red. His voice contained a bit of shyness to it.

I was dumbstruck by his reply.

'Huh? Did he just agree to my unreasonable request that came out of the blue? And why are his ears red!?'

"A-ahem... In the night sky~ Lalala~ Lalala~"

...

A few minutes later...

'I shouldn't have asked him to sing!!! My ears are turning deaf at this rate! I regret my decision! Hic!'

"Lalala-di-lalala~" Aden continued to sing as all the other people present covered their ears in anguish.

"Bro-brother!" I called out to him.

Hearing me, he stopped singing. I sighed in relief.

" I think umm...  You're really~ good at singing! So umm... now that you've shown us your singing skills, umm... Let's continue doing that!"

(a/n: She meant by doing "that" is the secret painting they're gonna make for their mother (*・∀-)☆)

"Oh, right. Ahem, let's go then." He then walked ahead of us.

'Di-did I hurt his feelings?' As I thought, Sienna grabbed my arm and smiled at me sweetly.

"Thank you very much Tia! My ears were gonna fall off if he continued to sing that horrid song!" She whispered to my ears. I looked down at the ground as I opened my mouth to sigh.

"Sigh, I think I hurt his feelings." I told her in regret.

"No! You did the right thing! If it weren't for you, all of us would have our ears turned deaf! And I'm sure that he wouldn't mind because after all, he has a sister complex!"

(a/n: Sister complex is a state of strong attachment and obsession to sisters. It is commonly abbreviated as "siscon", and in this case, it is also used for brothers and sisters who have a strong attachment and obsession to their sisters.)

"Uhhm... If you say so..."

"Yes! Now, let's go!" Sienna then walked side-by-side with me as she happily clung to me. Jane followed after us as the commander, who is Aden's swordsmanship teacher was left at the training grounds with him scratching his head in confusion.

...

  At the top floor of the Verlice duchy...

Cynthia and the others arrived at the top floor of the mansion. The room was filled in every corner with countless books of every kind. You can call it the second library of the duchy. As they passed by numerous bookshelves, they arrived at a huge table. On top of the table was a white cloth covering something. Aden removed the piece of clothing and before them appeared a canvas with an unfinished painting painted on it. 

"Now, shall we finish it?" Sienna said as she place both her hands on her hips with a huge smile.

"Yes! Let's go!" I exclaimed happily.

...

A few weeks later...

The sun shone brightly as its light fell on top of the trees, roofs, and others. Tiny dew drops on top of the plants reflected the sun's light as they sparkled brightly. Birds chirping merrily together as they flew up the sky. A slight cold breeze could be felt as it made the leaves sway with a rustling sound. It was morning. Another new day.

 In a room on the bed, a bundle of purple hair all tangled up together could be seen.

"Sleeeeeepppyyy...... me......." It was Cynthia.

Bang!

Suddenly, someone barged inside the room resulting the door making a loud "bang" sound.

"Tia~! Rise and shine it's morning! The time we all siblings have been waiting for ~!"  A blue-haired girl excitedly exclaimed as she went straight towards the bed pulling the blankets off of Cynthia.

Cynthia's POV:

I frowned as Sienna pulled my blanket while I used my hands to cover my eyes from the bright sun.

"I'm still sleepy...." I told her in a sleepy tone. She crossed her arms as she let out a sigh.

"You've asked for it, Tia. I knew you would still be sleeping in so here comes the food torture! Jane!"

"Yes, miss." Jane answered her.

"Bring out the food! Let this lazy sister of mine have a sniff of all the delicious food we will be having for breakfast!" Sienna snapped her fingers and Jane ran outside the room quickly. A few seconds later, five people went inside the room and in their hands were different delicacies laid nicely on their plates.

(a/n: I'm hungry ༼ ु⠁⃘ཫ ⠁⃘༽ु˒˒ is anyone also hungry? (´・ω・')?)

The food looked very tempting and their scents wafted throughout the room. As I sniff, their seductive smell began to make my stomach rumble with a loud sound. I blushed as it continuously rumbled.

'There are a lot of people here and yet my stomach won't stop making these loud noises! So humiliating! But who cares! Everyone else has experienced this! Might as well dive right in the food that sister has specially sent for me!'

As I made up my mind, I stood up and ran out of bed towards the food the servants were holding.

"See~? Jane, when you have troubles waking this lazy sister of mine, all you have to do is bring some of her favorite food to her room and then she will wake up and run straight towards the it. Easy-peasy."

"Pfft, yes miss." She answered her with her hands on her mouth.

(a/n: sorry for the long hiatus dear readers! This author of yours has been quite very busy with her studies and other personal stuffs in real life! I didn't have the time to write because of it all. But thank you all to who have been reading my works and also thank you for the follows~ I'm very much grateful to everyone who showed their supports. Also, if you want to, you can give this author of yours a ko-fi, here's the link~ https://ko-fi.com/kl_twilight051108 Stay safe and always smile everyone! See you all at the next chapter! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧)