Chapter 12

5 years later...

Cynthia's POV:

As I walked through the garden, a gentle breeze swept at the tip of my nose. The trees, bushes, flowers, and other plants swayed and danced with the wind gracefully. A faint flowery smell wafted the air. The warm sun shone as the trees covered its light. A shadow cascaded down my face as I closed my eyes enjoying this peaceful moment.

'Oh how wonderful.' I thought as I sat on the green grass and leaned my back on an old willow tree to enjoy the shade.

'Life has been quite peaceful over the past few years i was here, well, its still quite long before the main stuffs happen.' I opened my eyes and stared at the leaves as they swayed with the wind.

'And I also feel quite peaceful because I don't have to bicker with Snowy. She's taking too long to come back. Well, that's quite good for me. Hmm...'

"Young miss! You can't just sit on the ground like that!" Someone came rushing towards my direction. I shifted my gaze at the unexpected person. She had blonde hair that sparkled when under the sun's light. Black obsidian eyes that was just like the dark night. Her height was only 45 inches tall. She stopped running and stood near me. She bent her back and placed her hands on her knees panting.

"Huff, huff, huff..."

'Oh, its Jean.' Jean is currently my personal maid assigned by none other than my mother. She's currently ten this year. She is the youngest maid working in our dukedom. When mother was out buying dresses with the female lead, A.K.A Sienna my older sister, they saw her getting beaten up by her father.

Mother said that her father was a drunkard and a gambler who was filled with debt. Well, she didn't say it to me directly, i just heard it when she was talking with father in the study... Ahem! I wasn't eavesdropping, ok? I just accidentally heard it. Ok? "ACCIDENTALLY." And also its quite common to have those types of people like her father. But mother was bewitched by her beauty so she decided to hire her. She's a sucker for handsome and pretty faces... Hey, that would be our little secret, ok? Don't tell her or I'm dead meat. ( ̄ヘ ̄;)

You might be wondering why she's not my sister's personal maid. Well, because sister already has her own personal maid. And i still didn't have one. She was trained strictly to become my maid. VERY strictly by the head maid. But under such intense pressure, she didn't bat an eyelid and still continued working very hard. I was quite impressed as she studied diligently and became the person who she is now. And she's also kind hearted, heheh... We got along quite quickly and became the best of friends. But she's such a total worrywart. She sometimes put some distance between us in the pretense that our statuses are different.

"Young miss, please stand up right now. The ground is quite dirty for you to sit on." Her obsidian eyes stared at my sapphire eyes as she said that to me. 'From the sound of her voice, she's quite angry, right?' I thought as I stood up and raised both my hands in defeat.

"Fine, fine, but please let me off just this time, pretty please?" I said as I made my eyes look more rounder and looked miserable like that of a pitiful puppy.
Jean held her head and sighed at the same time.

"Sigh, young miss, this isn't just the first time you did this. You're a noble and a duke's daughter at that." She looked at me straight in the eye as she crossed her arms.

"Hey, I told you already that you should call me by my name or nickname!" I shouted as I pouted my lips and also crossed my arms. 'Wait, aren't I acting like a kid? I think my mentality is becoming more of a kid because I am in the body of the villainess when she was a "kid".'