CHAPTER ₁

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

The wheels rolling on the smooth carpet fill the calm morning air of the house as Emerald approaches her sleeping mistress. Today was special as it marks her nine years of serving Wynter's household. Emerald smiles at the special breakfast she has prepared for Wynter and wipes her hands on her apron before she knocks on the crisp, white-colored door.

Upon, hearing the gentle knocks Wynter slowly rose from her peaceful slumber and props herself up against the large headboard. Wynter smiles as she suddenly remembers what today was.

She has grown to love the woman who has taken care of her when she was at one of the lowest points in her life. She opens the nightstand next to her plushy bed and takes the peach-colored diamond necklace out and closes it back.

She wants today to be a special day for both of them. Despite all the troublesome times, Emerald takes care of her and stays loyal.

"You may enter Emerald," Wynter beckons the patiently waiting-maid in.

Emerald briskly walks in with a cheerful smile pushing her cart, "Ma'am it's time for you to get your day started! I've brought breakfast and since today is a special day, I've prepared a special breakfast-"

A loud bang sound resonates in the air as Emerald slowly descends towards the off-white carpet.

Wynter jolts out of the comfortable bed and onto the soft and now bloody carpeted floor. She becomes face-to-face with her unconscious maid with a bullet in her chest with blood seeping out of her wound.

Emerald's cheerful face is now pale-like and decorated with specks of blood. Wynter trails her fingers down her face as she wails in discomfort, "No no no no not now!"

This is what happens when you open up your heart to other people, you get fragile and sensitive. She had thought she learned her lesson when the two most precious things were taken from her.

Nope.

Whoever was outside was not waiting for her to let the death sink in, as two more bullets fly through the right window shattering it completely. Wynter, who is still stunned by the sudden death of her precious friend she dare say, does a backflip onto her bed barely dodging the dangerous pieces of lead.

She can't let the saddening situation and the person outside get a hold of her, so she finally regains focus and makes a dash for her closet. As she turns the corner, a bullet misses her ankle by a hair and she's able to enter the huge space. Moving her clothes out of her way she stands before her secret door, which is disguised as an oddly big mirror.

Tapping the middle of the mirror twice a robotic voice fills her ears as it asks for the password for entry. Wynter, obviously annoyed and frustrated, whispers the password quickly.