CHAPTER ₅

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

A couple of minutes pass as President Sanity last received his drink. He starts to feel nauseated as an uneasy feeling spreads throughout his stomach and the rest of his body. But he quickly pushes the sensation to the rear of his mind so he can prevent it from becoming one of his main worries for the night.

Feeling a sense of boredom, he scans the vast sea of people with his eyes and is drawn to a group of people heading to the front of the building.

A certain question pops up in his head, why would anyone leave this early? The ball had only started about an hour and a half ago and the speech hasn't been made yet.

It only drives him to investigate this seemingly small and mysterious situation.

He narrows his eyes trying to bring the ladies closer to him when suddenly he lets out a small gasp followed by a growing smirk. He quickly recognizes one of the departing ladies. She looks very familiar to a certain prisoner. Sanity slowly stands to his feet and beckons over one of the servers and orders them to bring Reah over to him.

"Oh Envie," Sanity thinks to himself as he tilts his head to the side feeling a bit dizzy. The memories of the two resurface, the days of forbidden activities in his bland office.

Soon Reah reaches him and he quickly points over to the trio and quickly sees a frown form on Reah's face. "Sir I recognize one of them, one of the women has a very familiar dark golden tree tattoo. That should be Rouge, if so those must be the other two of The Deadly Mers."

"Well, why don't you and a couple of security members go and see if we're correct, hm?" Sanity sends her off with a dismissive wave as Reah slightly bows back in respect and goes to fulfill her orders.

"Why hello Rouge."

Slowly cursing under her breath, Envie and the girls slowly face the pestering woman behind them. "I knew I should've covered this thing up," Rouge mutters under her breath tilting her head with a phony smile.

"Who invited you vermin?" Reah rhetorically questions looking Rouge straight in her eyes.

"Oh, you know the sudden thought crossed our minds and we thought, why not come see what those bitches are up to. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a complete waste of our time," Rogue pauses skimming her up and down with a taunting smile, "You guys should work on your hospitality skills."

"Leave before we make you," Reah spits.

Finally speaking up, Envie chuckles and challenges her, "Go ahead then, make us."

Envie comes forward in front of Reah while Wynter and Rouge step up to the two security guards. While waiting for each other to dare move an inch, Envie dashes toward Reah and extends her arm toward her stomach. Not letting her enemy recover, Envie quickly directs her fist and aims for Reah's face.

Feeling the force from the hit, Reah gets knocked back but quickly recovers and begins throwing jabs at her. Allowing her enhanced strength to course throughout her body, Envie swings her leg and targets Reah's knee.

You can hear the pop sound from Reah's knee, as she quickly falls toward the floor unable to support herself.

Envie pounces on her and reaches under her puffy, pastel dress pulls out her dagger, and directs it to the base of Reah's throat.

Wynter manages to get one of the guards into a tight chokehold. While Rouge swings her leg hard toward one of the guard's faces. With a quiet yelp, the man quickly falls to the floor as Rouge tauntingly walks slowly toward the panicking man.

With one swift movement, Rouge has her thin heel toward his quivering throat. The guard desperately grasps her ankle, but with ease, Rouge shakes it off and brings her foot down on his face breaking his nose and rendering him unconscious.

Envie glances up at her victorious teammates with a joyous smirk and looks down at the pathetic woman below her, "Looks like we win perra."

With a pitiful cough, Reach looks her straight in the eyes, "I wouldn't be too sure remember where you are, who-" Reah's sentence is swiftly cut off by Sanity's sudden choking fit. This is followed by him desperately grabbing onto his chair for support.

Taking this moment each one of the girls quickly steps back and begins to see their way out. Wynter suddenly comes to a halt and turns around to face Reah. Her once poker face breaks into a sly smile, "Looks like you should check on your President."

With that, the ladies flee through the night with the clicking and clacking of their heels against the pavement, as more security tries following close behind.

Discarding their top fancy layers of clothing, to be able to move better, and also there is no need to fit in with the crowd anymore.

Their main mission is now finished.

Just one more important thing to do, get back to the base.

The Deadly Mers run straight towards their stashed-away motorcycles, hopping on the motor vehicles with quickness in hopes of getting away.