CHAPTER ₃

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

Big, bright lights blind Rogue's eyes for a moment as she walks in after Wynter. All of them turn on their molar mics, while they disperse in three different directions.

"Can you both hear me?" Wynter asks to test out the new communication gadgets.

"Ye-" Rogue is interrupted by an impatient Envie.

"Yeah, so uh what's the plan oh great leader?"

Wynter chooses to hold her tongue at the redhead's sarcasm and relays the plan, "All of us spread out and try to fit in amongst these fools. Be social, as in eating and mingle but not too much. We need to stay focused to act out the plan on the President, " she pauses to take a swig of the drink in her possession, "And Envie, most importantly, keep an eye on his drink, and Reah. So when she leaves his side tell me so I can change and poison it when I have the chance. Then we can leave this god-forsaken place," Wynter explains in as much detail as she could.

Nodding their heads as to confirm they heard the plan, they finally got started.

Each one of the girls was either conversing or knocking back a few drinks, it's what they observed so they replicated the behavior.

Walking away from her group of people, Wynter slightly looks down so as to not appear suspicious to any onlookers and checks on her group, especially Envie. "Hey just checking in, remember to keep an eye out for his drink and Reah," Wynter speaks in a low tone.

"Alright, alright I'll let you know when I see the bitch," says Envie sarcastically. But behind all of it, the truth is she couldn't wait because President Sanity and his agency had imprisoned her twin, Evie. Though it was years ago and they might've forgotten, but she sure didn't and she'll be getting her back real soon.

She needed to.

She needed her.

Giggling at a little quip the stranger made, Rogue wasn't paying attention to the prying eyes that are practically burning holes through her skull.

Unbeknownst to Rogue, it was the man from before who she gave the slightest piece of attention with her wink, and someone she was well acquainted with. Though she doesn't know that they are there with her at that moment.

She was going to know soon. That was his goal.

Downing the rest of his acholic drink, one of his many favorites. He can barely take watching from a distance so he briskly walks up to her and fastly seizes her arm. 

"Excuse me let go!" Rogue whisper-yells in disarray as she is dragged away from her conversation and mission. She tries to not make a lot of fuss so as to not draw attention, as she isn't even supposed to be here in the first place.

She doesn't get a reply to her question as she is dragged further into a more secluded space, a private bathroom.

As the stranger's grasp on her arm leaves, she is roughly released into the room. With a subtle click filling the room, Rogue tries to catch her breath. The stranger turns around to face Rogue's back.

With an enraged look on her face, Rogue smirks in agitation beginning to speak as she starts to turn around. "Who the hell do you think you are-" She halts as she gasps in surprise as she gazes upon his face.

"What's up, Ma?"