CHAPTER ₂

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

Wynter, Rogue, and Envie zoom down the highway.

Hearing an alerting beeping sound in her ear Wynter eases down the highway and thumps her finger against the small device in her ear to accept the call. "How far are you all? It's starting in less than a few hours," Master Sergei is on the other line asking about the arrival to their destination.

"Master, we are on the highway. Everything is going as planned, we're headed to the ball."

And that is what they did.

They arrive at The Golden Empriss Grand Ball shortly after an hour more on the highway.

They stash their vehicles close by and dash to a nearby old brick building to change into the needed gear and outfits to look in place and not suspicious. In case things go south during the mission, they tuck the lethal weapons underneath their dresses.

After carefully reviewing everything they decide to head in. As they were walking from behind the worn-down building, three people come stumbling down their way in the dark. It was easy to tell they are drunk by the way they trip over their words.

But one thing that sets them apart from regular drunks was the Golden Empriss name tags stuck on their outfits.

The Deadly Mers glance at one another in acknowledgment and rush onward toward the defenseless drunks. Envie dashes ahead and punches one quickly in their red-ish cheeks. While the other stumbles back in panic and confusion.

Envie taunts the person with a small growing smile and steps back to activate her above-average strength and put her heel to his head. The drunk falls to the concrete alley floor and rolls around grunting because of the sharp pain in his face before passing out. She snatches the name tags off the two unconscious bastards.

"That was so easy, and you wonder why they have such a high rep. So fucking reckless, look where that got you," Envie towers over them with disgust and waits for her teammates to be finished with the other poor drunk.

While Envie fought two of them, Wynter and Rogue double-team the drunk woman who tries stumbling away. Alas, she was petrified in place knowing her state of mind and the fact that she was defenseless.

Rogue advanced towards her and sent her leg towards her stomach. Wynter slowly comes from behind Rogue and stoops down toward the woman and sends her bunched-up fist toward her scared face and knocks her out. She then snags her name tag and sends a look of pity toward her and regroups with the two other women.

"So who do guys want?" Envie takes a look at the names written on the name tags, "Eliza, Henry, or Terry? I kind of fancy Eliza, ya know the E's and all."

Rogue shrugs her shoulders and takes Henry's name tag and attaches it to her dress. Wynter takes the Terry name tag and does the same as Rogue. Envie attaches hers and starts walking off and immediately stops spinning around to face her comrades.

"Should we do something with them?" She asked pointing to the scattered bodies. They all agree and drag one each to the large, green garbage bin on the side of the brick building before walking off to go join the enemies in the ball.

Reaching the lavish-looking building, Wynter strides in wearing a sparkly, lime ball gown. 

Next is Envie.

She has a knee-stopping, puffy yellow dress, that seems to have a great first impression as everyone's attention is drawn to her dress. Being who she is, she winks before entering the establishment.

Lastly was Rogue in her slim, captivating lengthy black dress that seems to catch a certain gentleman's concentration. She throws him a mischievous look and then walks through the doors, joining the others. 

Welcome to the party...