CHAPTER ₇

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

Quickly glancing at the time-telling device on her wrist, she decides it is time to head back to headquarters. Wynter glances between her two teammates that are still locked in sleep's hold.

Of course, the thought of being honest with them about her trip crosses her mind, but is it necessary?

As she hesitates on waking them up, she decides to ditch the thought and goes with what she originally thought to do. Wynter quickly opens the hidden emergency door and quickly, but quietly shuts it behind her before briskly walking toward her bike. She straps on her helmet and quickly drives away from the safe house.

Her clouding thoughts let the drive back to headquarters go by smoothly. If she is going to do it, then it has to be today. Though it is only when she is about to enter the garage did she notice how fast she had reached her destination. The four guards eye her down before one approaches her with a finger-scanning device, to which she pulls off her dark, leather glove to let them scan her finger.

A loud, high-pitched beep followed by a green light confirms Wynter's identity as they lift the gate and let her through. She quickly takes off her helmet and marches to the elevators where another pair of guards look her up and down. She huffs at the amount of security they have on one hand.

It is very necessary but on the other, it is very annoying to verify herself every fucking five minutes. She guesses that this is what you get when you let the enemy step through your defenses.

She flips her snowy hair out of the way as she shows them the mark behind her ear. Confirming that she is one of them, they nod pressing a button to which a ding resounds in the air and the elevator doors swing their usual ways. She bows quickly before stepping into the elevator and pressing a button to take her down to one of the lower levels.

Impatiently tapping her foot, she finally sees the doors open before her once again. Letting her focus remain strong as a triple-tied knot, she heads straight for Master Sergei's office.

She knocks lightly three times to hear a faint voice beckoning her in. Her bow before the man was short-lived as she quickly closes the door behind her and sits down getting straight to business. "Today's the day Master Sergei, I'm doing it," Wynter strongly declares.

Surprised that this topic of all is being brought up, Master Sergei swivels his chair around to face the woman in front of his desk. Master Sergei squints his eyes questioning her, "Are you sure it's time?"

She nods not wanting to let this chance get away from her. As it is very important she gets them back soon. "You've been keeping tabs on them haven't you?"

He nods right back at her, but he thinks about it before answering.

Will it be wise to let her now?

After all, she is in the middle of a mission right now. Considering the latest information from his informant, it is likely the best time to go. "You're right, right now would be the best time to go."

"None of my teammates are needed, I want to handle this on my own."

"You don't want them to know anything?"

She nods seemingly with no hesitation.

He nods, "Go get ready, I'll have them prepare extra ammo and a vehicle. Be fast as I'm waiting on your return." She gets up bowing gratefully and swiftly turns around to go get ready.

Heading back into the hallways, she paces herself back to her assigned room. But before that, she needs weapons.

She opens the door to the weapons room stepping in. She grabs a machine gun and her katana, which someone special had gifted to her, strapping them to her side. She heads to her room, grabbing a vest.

She steps out of her room to head towards the elevator to repeat the same process she had with the guards upstairs. They press a button to open up the elevator, to which she skips the bow this time and clicks a button to head up to the garage. Wynter heads straight for the new vehicle she was just issued. She opens up the metal door, hoping in, and taking off for her dreaded destination.

Meanwhile, Envie has just woken up rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes when she notices something was wrong, Wynter is gone. Envie quickly sits up and also sees her weapons are gone.

She quickly goes to wake up Rogue and alerts her of Wynter's disappearance. Quickly catching her up to speed, Rogue goes wide-eyed with many reasons running through her mind. Did someone follow them?

Envie goes to look around more, maybe she is upstairs, "Shit! Where is she!?"

Rouge gets up quickly grabbing their things, "I don't know, but we better report this." Envie nods as they leave.

Quickly rushing out they go running to their vehicles where Wynter's is missing. They both share an uneasy look and quickly grab their helmets and ride back to headquarters.

Reaching the garage, they are approached by armed guards to verify their identity. After being verified they park and head for the elevators to be approached by guards to quickly move their hair and show them the mark. They quickly let them inside to head down to Master Sergei's room.

As soon as the elevator ding, they rush down the hallway like bulls. Envie quickly knocks on Master Sergei's door, stepping in without a reply. Master Sergei looks up with a confused look on his face as he quickly hangs up the phone, "The hell!? Did I respond?"

Envie freezes realizing what she has done and immediately bows, "I'm sorry sir, but we have something to report." He nods rolling his eyes and sets his phone down, and gestures for them to continue.

Rogue speaks up for her seeing as Envie is hesitant, "Wynter is missing."

He doesn't look fazed, which is weird to them. Normally he would be yelling and barking out orders. A missing agent is nothing to mess about with him.

He speaks up like he is brushing it off like it is nothing, "No need to worry about that."