𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▌" Mom, I don't wanna do this. " 

" She won't be a child forever, Jocelyn. " Clary muttering. 

" For now, I don't want her part of our world. " Clary gasps and sees Jace. 

" Hey. It's okay, I'm here. You're safe. " Clary breathes heavily.  

" Jace... " 

" You were seeing me. " Jace says and Clary blushes.  

" What? You all right? You still seem... kind of freaked. " Clary exhales. 

" Simon. " 

" Hey. I got you. You're okay. Must have been one hell of a nightmare. " She exhales.  

" You have no idea. I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me, but then he reached his hand into my skull and ripped out my brain. " 

" Hello, Freddy Krueger. " Clary sighs. " Tell me about it. " Clary inhales. 

" What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary? " 

" Uh, I just... really needed to see you. " 

" I am so sorry that my messed up life put you in danger. " 

" I'm fine. " 

" No, if those vampires hurt you... I couldn't live with myself. You're all I've got left. " Jace sees them from behind and leaves. 

" You were watching us from behind. " Clary says. 

" Yes. " Jace replies. 

" Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got me out before the vampires drained me like a Big Gulp. " Clary chuckles. " But... How well do you know this Jace guy? Can you trust him? " 

" I think so. I mean, he saved my life... and yours. " 

" True. But I was thinking... all of this craziness started the minute you bumped into him at Pandemonium. You think that's just a coincidence? " 

" Honestly, I don't even know what to think anymore. All I know is I have to get my memories back. I need to know who I really am. Maybe... " Clary inhales. " Maybe I saw where my mom hid the Cup, and... and if I could just remember... I could save her. I want to meet my sister. I just... I wanna put all of this behind me. " Clary stammers. " But I don't know this world. I don't even know where to start looking. I'm... I'm just lost. " 

" Hey... Okay. Look, start with what we know, okay? We know that dreams are remnants of memories. Right. " 

" Yeah. "