Chapter 8

So today, I'm doing a cooking segment with Florence on Instagram.
We are going to prepare it at 11 am here, which means it's 7 pm in London.
It's ok though, because most of her fans are from the UK.

We are making Tzatziki with cooked salmon.... Or at least, I'm attempting to make it.

Scarlett is still with Rose and should return tomorrow. So, Lizzie is here with me.

Flo started her insta live and after saying a quick hello, added me to the stream.

F: Please welcome, one of my closest and bestest friends on this Earth, Y/N Downey!!

Me: Heyy guys!! Hey Flo Flo!! I missed you all so much!!
F: Well, we missed you too. So, are you ready to cook with me?
Me: Nope. This is going to be..... Interesting.....
F: You're absolutely right. Just to let everyone know, Y/N can't cook ANYTHING!! Like she once almost lit my kitchen on fire while making toast!! So, I'm a bit nervous about this.
Me: Yours is going to be like 'expectations' and mine is going to be 'reality.'
F: Noooo.... I think you'll do fine.... I've picked something so easy for you. So today, we're doing some Tzatziki and cooked salmon.
Me: Tza... What? I have never heard of this before....

We all started laughing even Lizzie, who was sat opposite to me behind the camera.

F: Who's there with you? We all hear someone laughing behind the camera....
Me: Don't worry about it, it's just a friend who is special to me. We're both hungry, so let's get this started.
F: Ok..... But if this special friend wants to say hello, we are more than happy to welcome her......

I looked at Lizzie and she shook her head no, because she wasn't in any makeup or fancy clothes. Even though she looked beautiful, she didn't feel comfortable and I have to respect that.

Me: Not today Flo. Maybe another time.
F: Ok..... So first, grab your full fat yoghurt and dump it in a bowl.
Me: Ok, what next?
F: Now, we are going to get our grater and grate a cucumber on top of the yoghurt.
Me: Ohh godd.... Here goes nothing.....
F: Be careful with your fingers....

I started doing it but halfway through, my finger cut through the blade and blood started coming out of it.

Me: Fuck!!
L: Are you ok?!!

Lizzies shouted, getting up from her place running to me but I quickly moved, so that no one can see her.

Me: Flo, give me 2 minutes. I cut myself.
F: Ok, I'm going to remove you from the live stream. So, text me when you're ready.
Me: Cool..... See you guys in a minute....

After I got out of the insta live, Lizzie quickly grabbed my finger and started running it under the cold water.

L: I said be careful.... Wait here. I'm going to grab the first aid kit real quick.
Me: No, no it's fine. I'll just put some tissues on it or something.
L: I'm not taking no for an answer.
Me: It's under the sink in the main bathroom.....
L: Ok, I'll be right back.

Lizzie came back and cleaned my wound, wrapping my finger in a sterile gauze.

L: Are you sure you're ok?
Me: I'm fine, thank you Lizzie.
L: Want me to kiss it and make the boo-boo go away?
Me: Jerk.....
L: Now that lunch is ruined, I can order some pizzas to eat for after you're done.
Me: I think it's probably best. Let me get back online.....

I texted Flo and she put me back into the live.
F: She survived!!
Me: I did..... I sustained some battle wounds but I survived....
F: A bit overdramatic but it wouldn't be Y/N if it weren't.
Me: I don't know if it's a compliment or an insult.
F: Take it however you want. How much did you grate before sustaining your 'battle wounds'?
Me: Stop mocking me Flo or I'll tell everyone why you call me Bird!!
F: No, no. I'll stop.
Me: That's wise of you. Now, I have this much cucumber in it.
F: Ok, that's perfect. We're now just going to grate some garlic into it....
Me: Hell no!! I cut myself from the cucumber, I'm not doing it with something which is like 1/100 of its size.
F: Fair point.... How about you just skip this part...