Chapter 14

Lizzie, Scar and I went back to my apartment.
They didn't let me do anything. Lizzie 'ordered' me to stay in bed.... More like she gave me the head tilt which is honestly incredibly scary and sexy at the same time.

That day passed real quickly. Scar stayed over and we just watched movies in bed and ate Oreo ice cream together.

It was now the next morning and Lizzie was called in for a shoot. She tried to get out of it but since Scar was off that day, the directors wanted Lizzie to come in.

After Lizzie left, Scar made us coffee and came in bed next to me.
She got in under the covers and handed me the cup, where as I rested my head on her shoulder.

Me: Scar.....
S: Yes babe...
Me: Can I tell you something? But you cannot tell it to anyone....
S: Of course Oreo.... Anything.....
Me: Well.... Ummm..... As you know, a couple of years ago I was in a car accident.
S: Yes, I do sweetie....
Me: Well, what no one other than my family and Lizzie knows is that I wasn't alone in that crash....
S: What do you mean?
Me: My wife and daughter were also with me in the car.......
S: Your what?!!

After a minute of silence, Scar opened her mouth but decided not to say anything and to just hug me.
S: I'm sorry sweetie.....
Me: They died Scar.... They died.....
S: I'm so sorry......
Me: We were going to the zoo and a truck crashed into us and killed them. They were trying to kill me but I survived and they died.
S: That's why you told me you haven't had sex in 5 years when we first met?
Me: Yeah.... After the crash, I didn't step a foot in a car for 2 years. Now, I'm ok if someone else drives but I hate driving myself. I've probably driven my car less than 10 times in the last 3 years.
S: That's why Lizzie didn't want you to drive when we went out clubbing?
Me: Yeah... She knows almost everything. She doesn't know anything about Stephanie though. I don't talk about her often.
S: Is that your wife or daughter?
Me: My wife. My daughter's name was Alex..... She was almost 5 months old when the accident happened. All I heard was their screams and cries. That's why I can't do yelling and loud noises, I get flashbacks of them...
S: And how are you doing now?
Me: Yesterday morning, when you screamed, it was the first time I didn't get a flashback. That's why I was able to tell you this. I feel like I'm finally moving on....
S: Have you told Lizzie this?
Me: Yeah, I told her yesterday....
S: That's great honey....
Me: What if I forget them? What if they're mad at me for moving on?
S: Listen to me Y/N.... You will never forget them. They will always be with you no matter what. And most importantly, they will never be mad at you for moving on. I bet they are here right now and so happy for you. They are so proud of you and want you to always be happy. 
Me: Thank you Scar...... Our anniversary is coming up and for the first time in 6 years, I don't feel like I'm dying...
S: What anniversary sweetheart?
Me: Me and Steph's wedding anniversary. It's on the 7th of March.....
S: Does Lizzie know?
Me: No, I never mentioned this before but I will tell her.... But not today.... 
S: Ok love. Whatever you want..... Let's watch your favorite movie....

It's now Saturday and I'm freaking out about this dinner with Lizzie's mom and her family. 
I obviously know MK and Ash, but not her mom.
Lizzie asked me if I wanted to go that day, when she returned from shooting and I obviously said yes. 

I am now pacing around the room, trying to get ready but I'm just freaking out.
L: Will you just relax baby? Everything will work out fine.....
Me: I'm nervous.... What if she doesn't like me? What if your mom doesn't approve of me? What if.....
L: Baby.... Breathe..... She is going to love you....
Me: How do you know?
L: Because I do. You are amazing, loving, caring and just perfect. You're also very hot and sexy baby..... (She said, wrapping her arms around me and kissing my lips a couple of times)
Me: And you, my love, are incredibly gay.... But your mom isn't. She isn't going to care about my looks. 
L: Don't worry baby. But I have to warn you, she is going to ask a lot of questions. She promised me she won't but I know how she's like. 
Me: Don't worry about that love. I will answer as much as I can, but I don't think I'm ready to share about Steph and Alex with them just yet.....
L: You don't have to love. Just do whatever you're comfortable with. And if it gets too much, say that it's hot in here and I'll get us out of there....
Me: Thank you love. Now, lets go!! I don't want us to be late and your mom to think that I'm not punctual.
L: Let's go........