Chapter 9

*Lizzie's POV*

FUCK!! Why didn't I answer immediately and let her walk out of the room?!
I broke up with Robbie!!

L: Why would you say that?!!
S: Lizzie, you can yell at me all you want but you have boyfriend and you were kissing and asking someone else on a date....
L: No, I don't!! I broke up with him!!
S: What?! When?! Why didn't you say anything?!
L: After Y/N went to sleep, I went out of the room and called him.

Flashback to after Y/N went to sleep:

I looked down and saw Y/N sound asleep on my chest. 
She really is beautiful... I think I'm already falling for her...

But this isn't fair to her. I have a boyfriend... I still have Robbie...
This is the first time she's letting someone in after her wife and daughter died and I have to treat her right, just like she deserves.

The first thing I have to do is break up with Robbie and then take her on a nice romantic date. 
I want to romance her, take care of her, buy her random things just because it reminded me of her....
I want to be with her....
I want to love her.....

I slowly untangled myself from her grip and made my way to the balcony.
I phoned Robbie and he picked up after like 2 minutes.

R: What do you want Liz? I'm busy.
L: Hello to you too my amazing boyfriend...
R: Sorry, I'm busy Liz. Can I call you later?
L: No, actually I have to tell you something.
R: Can't it wait? I said that I'm busy.
L: NO!! I'm breaking up with you!!
R: What?! Why?!
L: Why? You haven't seen me in over a month and the last time we talked was over 2 weeks ago. I deserve better than this. I don't deserve to be treated like this. I want to go on dates, talk to each other, have amazing sex.....
R: GOD LIZ!! YOU'RE SO NEEDY!!
L: Well, if I'm THAT needy, then you shouldn't be with someone like me. We're done.
R: Are you cheating on me?! Is that why you want to break up?!
L: You're the one who cheats Robbie. Don't project your insecurities onto me. Yes, I did meet someone new but nothing happened. But I do want to take her out on a date. So, this is it Robbie. We're done.

With that said, I hung up the phone call and went back inside to cuddle with Y/N.
As soon as I got in next to her, she wrapped her leg around me and her arm around my chest.
She was holding on to me like a koala and it was honestly one of the cutest things ever.

End of flashback

S: Ohh Liz.... I'm so sorry.... I didn't know....
L: It's ok. When I broke up with him, I didn't feel guilty or anything. All I felt was relief. I was relieved that I don't have to carry that burden anymore. Relieved that I don't have to find a different excuse everytime he doesn't show up to a family dinner just because he wants to hang out with his friends..... I can't wait to take Y/N out on a date. 
S: Now, you just have to go in there and tell her. We both know this is her first relationship in 5 years. Even though she hasn't told me why, but you know. You know how vulnerable she's letting herself be by opening up to you and letting herself feel love again. You just have to show her that she's not wrecking your relationship, because we both know that's what she's thinking about.
L: I know, I'll go and tell her right now.....

It had been around 20 minutes since Y/N came into the room.
I knocked twice but no answer. I slowly opened it and saw Y/N laying on the bed, sound asleep.

Damn, this girl can sleep anywhere, anytime..... No matter how much sleep she's had.....
I got closer to her but realized that she had been crying.
My heart ached at the thought of her crying, because I had caused that. If I had told her about the breakup before, this wouldn't have happened.