Chapter 19

It's been a couple weeks since we came back home and everything is going well.

I still can't believe Lizzie and I exchanged promise rings but I'm starting to feel guilty.
It's March 6th and tomorrow is my wedding anniversary.

It's the first time in a while that I'm not feeling like the grief is suffocating me and I'm feeling incredibly guilty about it.

I didn't go into shoot today and I told Scar that I wasn't feeling well and needed the next 2-3 days off and she told me to take as much time as I needed, because she knew what day it was.

Lizzie asked me what's wrong and if I need anything before she went to shoot her scenes but I just told her that I'm feeling a bit under the weather.
I don't want to tell her why I'm really in bed, because she'll worry and stay with me which will only make me feel even more guilty.

As soon as I heard Lizzie close the door, I went to my jewelry box and lifted up the bottom which has a secret compartment in it.
In this small space there is only 3 things. Mine and Steph's wedding rings and Alex's gold bracelet.

I put my wedding ring on my finger and grabbed their stuff, squeezing it as tight as I can in my palm, going under the covers again.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I didn't answer but they just kept knocking.
M: Y/N..... I know you're in there.... We're here for you sweetie... (Mariska said)
R: Honey. Open the door please. Let us help you. (My brother Robert said)

After a while of knocking, they said that I should call them if I needed anything and left.

*Elizabeth's POV*

I was almost done with my scenes for the day when Scar approached me.
It was already 8 o'clock and I couldn't wait to go and see how Y/N was doing. I'm worried about her, because she said that she's not feeling well but she didn't have a fever and when I asked her where it's hurting she said that she wasn't in any physical pain.

S: Hey Liz...
L: Hey Scar. What's up?
S: I just wanted to check on Y/N. I called her several times today but all of my calls are going directly to voicemail.
L: Let me call and see, because I called her a couple times as well but I thought she was asleep or something.

I called Y/N again but it went directly to voicemail. 
Ok, now I'm incredibly worried.

L: Voicemail....
S: I want to ask you something but promise me you won't get offended.
L: I promise. What's wrong Scar?
S: How can you leave Y/N on a day like this? God knows how she's feeling right now...
L: What do you mean? She's just feeling a bit under the weather.

Scar just looked at me confused and then something clicked in her mind, because her whole expression changed.
S: You don't know what tomorrow is, do you?
L: What? Tomorrow is the 7th. Why?
S: Oh Lizzie.... You need to go home right now.
L: What's tomorrow Scar? Tell me.
S: I can't tell you that. If Y/N didn't tell you, then she didn't want you to know. I can't tell you.
L: She told you but couldn't tell me?
S: Just go home and talk to her. Be there for her.

I grabbed my things and drove straight home, calling Y/N non stop but her calls are going directly to voicemail.

I entered the house but I couldn't find her anywhere.
I checked the bed, the bathroom, living room, everywhere. She's nowhere to be found.

I grabbed my phone and called Robert immediately. Withing a couple seconds, he answered.
R: Lizzie?! What's wrong with Y/N?! Did something happen?!
L: Rob.... I can't find her anywhere. She wasn't feeling well this morning and stayed in bed. Then, Scar told me to go home, because she knew what was happening and when I came home... She's not here Rob.... And her phone is going directly to voicemail....
R: FUCK! NOT AGAIN!
L: Rob... What's wrong with Y/N?
R: Tomorrow is the anniversary of her and Steph.