1 - Wake up. - CLAY WAKES

Everything hurts.

     God, everything hurts.

     My body, my arm, and holy shit does my head hurt.

     Slowly, I can open my eyes, only to be greeted by panic. A bright light is in my face, and it is suddenly blocked by a woman standing over me.

     "Clay! Oh my god, Clay!" She cries. I cringe, she totally has the wrong person. I think she can tell that I'm confused, because she pulls back, allowing me to get used to the bright white of the hospital room.

     My brain hurts, and I want to pass out again. Vaguely, I can see people rushing in and out of the hospital room, muttering something something and then Clay. Who is Clay, and where the hell am I?

     "H-Hello?" I mumble, my right arm coming up to grab my head. I shout out in pain, my arm immediately returning back to my side. I look down and dumbly just now realize that it's in a sling. What the fuck?

     "Careful, bud," a man in a white coat says, pulling a chair up to my bed. "You're probably a bit confused. I'm Dr. Smith, you're at Faresdwell Hospital due to an accident a few days ago. Do you mind confirming your name for me?"

     "Uh." I say, at a loss for words. What is my name? I try and try hard, trying to think of something. My head just hurts, and I shake my head slightly. The doctor-- Dr. Smith, purses his lips.

     "I see. You do not.. remember anything? You do not recognize the people in the room?" He asks me. I turn to look around, seeing a tall, blonde woman who is crying, a woman beside her who is young, and just shorter than her. Her hair is brown and short, unlike the first lady. Sitting on a chair is a younger kid, maybe in 4th or 5th grade? He looks bored.

     "No, not really." I answer honestly. I watch the woman weep more, and the other woman wrap her arms around her. I pity them, I think. "Oh, wait, am I Clay?" It finally clicks in my mind.

     The doctor looks shocked, unspeaking. I laugh-- or-- wheeze, really. It was so dumb, I'm Clay. "I'm Clay," I say out loud, "I'm the crazy one, oh my god."

     "You.. don't remember.. anything?" The doctor says slowly. I snicker, does it look like I do? I shake my head at the guy, what an idiot. "Oh my. Clay, I believe you have a serious case of amnesia. You've just woken from a four day coma."

     "What." I say, shocked. What does he mean amnesia? I think about it, realizing I don't know where I am, who I am, and who these people are. "So I've just been fucking-- I don't even know my own name, what kind of bullshit is that?

     "Be happy you know how to talk. Some people don't even know how to step one foot in front of the other, and lets hope that isn't you." His words send a shiver down my spine. "Would you like a mirror?" Doctor Smith asks. I nod. He stands and walks towards the small bathroom connected to my room, grabbing something from a cabinet. He returns with a mirror, handing it to me. I take it with my left hand, watching as the Doctor walks to the blonde lady and pulls her out of the room. The door slams shut with a click, and I look at myself.

     Blonde hair, sharp face, green eyes, a split lip and multiple scars across my face. That's.. me, I guess. I move my face around to get a better look, this is me? I'm not too shabby-- I think. I would have never acknowledged to two people in my room, but the girl says something.

     "You.. really don't remember anything. Do you, Dream?" She says to me softly. Dream, something about that name feels right to me. I like it, I think. I take another look at the lady, she has a body full of tattoos, save for her face. Something about her seems scary. Authority wize, of course. I don't think I give a shit, though.