CHAPTER 3

Seven years later passed since Karna came to Mahendragiri and his education and training started with Bhagwan Parshuram. Both guru and Shisya went for the morning prayers. After prayer they returned to hermitage for their yoga and meditation but Bhagwan Parshuram was looking at Karna with pleased expression. In front of him was someone who he personally trained and molded, he saw his students who came here as child filled with self doubts, anger and bitterness but now he has grown in teenager. He looks at his students who is now tall as him, whose body through not very muscular but clearly indicates body of very well trained warrior. His handsome face held peaceful expression and his eyes has dept of knowledge and wisdom in them. His steps shows his confidence in himself and his skills. He smiled thinking about past seven years, Karna came to him as blank slate and little training in Archery but in these seven years he became a fearsome warrior. He has yet to teach him any divyastra or any divine enchantment but in these years he made his foundation so solid like Kailash parvat. He has taught him all methods of every weapons and combat method in existence. He has remained adherent to his promise and made him work hard for everything.

He taught him next verse of veda only when he was satisfied by his understanding of previous verse and made sure Karna was not reciting what's written without truly understand why it's written and how can it applied differently under different circumstances. His students was natural rebellious and likes to question anything and everything, Parshuram enjoyed this banter with his student, he knew it was his way to have deep contemplation about what's being taught to him.

Like this even for weapons Parshuram knowingly made really hard for Karna. For a weapon he made Karna first understand what weapons were truly meant to be like spears was for piercing, mace for smashing, bow and arrow for long-range shooting down, swords are for slashing and axe is for cutting, then he made him to practice the basic stances till it became natural as breathing and after that he taught first methods for each weapon and until Karna mastered it he never taught him next step. But his students continued to impress him by his hard work and dedication. In these years he has became master of each and every weapons and hand to hand combat. He mastered these in five years and in last two years they have only spared with all the weapons to build up muscle memory and bridge the gap of experience between them. Bhagwan Parshuram never went easy on Karna at first he trashed him like nothing but slowly slowly his students started to stand upto him and now he can go toe to toe against him for a complete day.

But the biggest achievement according to Bhagwan Parshuram was that he was able to make Karna let go of his anger and let him be peace within him. He has removed his crave for self-worth from others and his stubbornness to become best. He has made him understand that there is no harm in having such ambition but comparison will only lead in creating either superiority or inferiority complex in himself and that would be destructive for him. He has made him understand that he himself is his biggest competition and if he can be better that what he was yesterday then naturally he will progress and became best. For this he poured him for knowledge Yoga, meditation and positive reinforcement so that his student can achieve harmony. He has also taught him about several other things like politics, political science, helped him awake his yogic power, medicine, vyuh formation and destruction etc.

Unlike Bheeshma who came here to learn just warfare on his mother insistence or like Drona who came to him for knowledge of divyastra and Astra of Bhramadev and lord Vishnu. They both has teachers earlier for everything but Karna was different, when he came to him he was empty vessel who had morals and principles From his parents but it was him who poured his knowledge in side the vessel and made him full upto brim. He was uncut jade which he himself chipped out its impurities and polished it and made it a precious gems. Bhagwan Parshuram has poured his all knowledge but he has made him work hard for it, he was also pleased with devotion that Karna showed him. For last seven years except for few days that Karna took to get familiar with hermitage and mountain, he never let Bhagwan Parshuram to do any chores despite of his already busy schedule karna has done each and every chore from cleaning ashram, fetching water and fire wood to massaging his body. He knew his student haven't slept for last seven years and spent his night for practice everything taught to him. He has served him like a son and he too love him as father.

When Parshuram was thinking all this Karna has completed his daily Yoga and meditation. Parshuram saw that.

Parshuram : Putra, Karna now it's time you gain the knowledge of divyastra and divine enchantments.

Karna was excited to hear that.

Parshuram sat before him and passed him the knowledge of various chanting required to enforce his other weapons like spear, mace, sword, axe, whip etc. Then he passed down the knowledge of divyastra of Devs. He passed down all the knowledge except tridevs astra.

Parshuram : For knowledge of tridevaastra you have to pass one last test.

Karna (smiled) : Ji gurudev.

Karna completely believed that his teacher will pass down the knowledge if he deemed him Worthy enough.

Parshuram : Putra, you that test will be held later for now you have to go to suryalok to continue your training. I will call Suryadev and he will take you there.

Karna was very happy that he will a chance to witness his and Aradhya and learn from him.

Bhagwan Parshuram closed his eyes and called upon Suryadev. Suryadev appeared there

Karna : Pranipat Suryadev.

Parshuram : Pranipat Suryadev.

Suryadev : Pranipat Bhagwan, kalyan ho Vatsya.

Parshuram : Suryadev, this is my student Karna, I want to take him to suryalok and continue his training under you.

Parshuram smiled a knowing smile, Suryadev too returned the gesture. He was thankful to bhagwan parshuram that he his giving him opportunity to get directly involve not only training but life of his mortal son who he has only seen from afar.

Suryadev : As you wish Bhagwan, Putra Karna are you willing to accept me as your teacher and go to suryalok for further training.

Karna : You are my Aradhya dev, I am immensely glad you are giving me such opportunity.

Suryadev (smiled) : Then let's go Putra.

Suryadev put a hand on shoulder of Karna and after greeting Bhagwan Parshuram he took him to suryalok.