CHAPTER 6

“I did” came a tell from highest pillar of arena. Everyone was turned towards it bu weren't able see Karna clearly as sun was directly behind him so all they could see is brightness but they did able to deduce someone was standing there with bow in his hands. Karns was already waiting for opportunity to challenge Mahamahim Bheeshma and Dronacharya. Invitation from Dronacharya seems just right to jump on presented opportunity. So he immediately willed his armbands to turn into bow and quiver and shot an arrow to free Prince Duryodhana from restraint. After answering Dronacharya Karna directly jumped from pillar into arena. As he landed entire arena shook violently.

Everyone was feeling the effects of Karna's landing.

Dhritrashtra : Vidhur what's happening, why is arena shaking and why is Dronacharya so angry?

Vidhur : Jyeshtha, some shot arrow to free Prince Duryodhana and he jumped from the highest pillar and this quake is after effects of his landing.

Ghandhari too asked kunti same thing and Kunti answered like wise.

Ghandhari : Who is he Kunti?

Kunti : I don't know jiji, he seems young man.

Ghandhari : Oh!

Not only Kunti and Vidhur byt everyone was looking at young man suddenly arrived in the arena. Karna moved towards Droncharya casually. He was without a doubt a handsome young man with wide lion like board chest and tiger like muscular back. His arms seems to have power to tow several elephants at once. His body though lean but muscular and scream of power. In his steps he showed unparalleled self confidence that he had.  He looked like centre of entire arena but there was not ounce of nervousness, fidgetness or any fear on his face but a calm but serious expression. Though he was wearing any expencive clothes but even in commoner's clothes his royal features and handsome looks couldn't be hidden from anyone. His body was screaming of authority and his presence command respect. No doubt he was warrior his body language itself telling that even the most untrained eyes in the arena. For those with trained eyes they could see the steps of new comer was even almost measured and not a trace of anything but calmness in his eyes despite facing Dronacharya. Everyone was shocked and impressed by seeing Karna. Dronacharya was also taken back seeing Karna but regained his bearing.

Dronacharya (angrily) : Who are you? How dare you to shoot arrow when only kuru rajkumar were participating.

Karna (calmly) : I am an archer, saint Bhardwaj Putra. You your self has challenged all the archer and I thought it was rude to refuse such invitation.

Dronacharya was again stupefied by such answer, he wasn't expecting such answer from the young man in front of him, he became even more angry.

Droncharya (Angrily) : Don't talk in puzzle, who are you and why have you came here.

Karna (calmly) : I didn't talk cryptically I am an archer, my name is Radhey Vasusen Karna.

His answers did surprise some people in the arena and those people consist of Bheeshma and suta samaj people especially Radha and Adhiratha as they clearly recogrnised who was this young man. Adhiratha and Radha were shocked, surprised, happy, scared and various other emotions ran through them as they recognised thei son.

Drona : So what you are an archer, it doesn't mean you can barge inbetween competition here

Karna : Dronacharya, I had not barged in here till this competition was between kuru rajkumars, I have no problem if you declare you student best among kuru rajkumars or even entire Kuruvansh but you have declared his best among world and as an archer I just couldn't swallow that.

Before Karna or Dronacharya could further talk, kripacharya interrupted them.

Kripacharya : Who are you young man, what is your caste and where do you come from.