CHAPTER 26

Karna spent a week with his friends and Kauravas throughout guiding them or sparing with them, he even used his new knowledge of maya both to prepare them and get used to it. He never shied away from giving them tips or tricks. He had both individually and in groups fought with them. He made sure that they can face chakravyuh not only that but with Ashwatthama te discussed several vyuha and also told him about his findings and improvement in that. On the other side Dronacharya was with Pandavas for two reasons first according to him only Arjun could face and defeat Drupad. Second was he was very irritated that his son and Kauravas were taking help of one he considered not only sin but abomination. During this period both the groups stay away from each other especially Pandavas from Karna.

On the other hand, if not training then Karna also took part in sabha, as he expected it was too biased not only towards Yudhishthir but upper caste too.  On the second day itself such a matter is presented in court, Karna wouldn't let this happen especially if he was there and then tussle in the courtroom began especially between Karna and Vidhur, kripacharya. Karna repeated interrupted them and questioned them, not only that when Vidhur tried to put eldest Pandavas in limelight, Karna stood up in opposition as all princes should be provided with this opportunity as no crown prince was decided yet either that or none should be given this opportunity hence destroying all plans of elders as Dhritarashtra supported Karna because only then his son would have chance. Shakuni was thoroughly enjoying the courtroom these days. The relationship between Vidhur and Karna was so bad that they didn't bother to hide it or shy away from calling either Sutputra or Dasiputra to each other. But everything Karna did resulted in citizens re-establishing the belief in the court of Hastinapur. 

Karna also spent time with the family of Duryodhana and ended up forming bonds with everyone, even the king and queen of Hastinapur. While he didn't even bother about others and only greetings were exchanged when they met. Pandavas and their well wishers even evaded him which is of no consequence to him as he didn't have intention to please one who is hell bent on insulting him. 

Like this a week passed and after taking blessings from Dhritarashtra and Ghandhari, and after meeting his friends he left for Anga. The journey of anga was covered very fast due to his chariot. When he arrived there he saw the process of rebuilding was going on there, naturally work of his younger brother because you have to cross Anga to reach Avant. He arrived there and soon a meeting was arranged with every citizen there. Upon hearing everything he got the gist that the basic need of them was taken care of due to the arrival of help from Avant and they also have been told a new king has been assigned. He didn't hinder them for long and started helping them himself, he looked through the plans and was pleased. Obviously Shon has notified the architects about him and his thinking, in addition to that Karna asked them to build a small palace unlike the original one and a huge Vidya bhavan. Everything there was ongoing process and none came to hinder him because the news of his valour has reached almost entire Aaryavrat. None were fool enough to challenge him. 

Though everyone was working but a construction on this scale would require a lot of time. So he settled there and helped in other things like understanding the resources there, agriculture, trade etc. Though small Anga was rich in resources but kingdom was left without a system for very long so everything was in shatters but situation is salvageable. He has work cut out for him so he got busy in that. Like this few days passed and help Hastinapur has promised came, Karna called upon citizens and distributed two third of gold coins to them while one third was saved in royal treasury, cows were distributed. Soldiers, horses, and elephants etc were transferred to military barracks. With this arrival the construction sped up. 

A few days later a letter from Hastinapur has came informing him that princes of Kuruvansh has won the war against Drupad, both sets of cousins and Ashwatthama had played crucial part in the war but it was Ashwatthama who captured Drupad once he started using Maya, the former king of panchal was brought in front of Dronacharya, who vented out his all frustration both of Drupad and Karna on him and insulted him very badly and snatched his half kingdom for his son. Rajyabhishek of Ashwatthama was already done, upon hearing everything he was very happy. Like this almost three weeks passed upon his arrival in Anga but now he has to leave for a ceremony in Avant, he immediately informed his newly appointed Sabha and left everything on his prime minister. He has also sent two letters to Hastinapur one according to royal decoram to invite them to Avant and other to his friend. Similarly a new northern panchal was also invited. 

He left Anga and reached Avant, his entire family with Saint vishwamitra along with some others were at the entrance of palace to welcome him. Radha did his aarti first then the family exchanged a hug with each other. Soon he was welcomed in the palace. The Sabha was dismissed already so he spent time with his family especially laying head in lap of his mother which is his heaven. The family then had lunch together then with shin he left to look at kingdom. Shin informed him of everything and also told him arrangements of his Abhishek has been made. Karna thrown an accused look at his brother and a glare which was as usual ignored by Shon. He spent few days in peace and with his family before his crowning ceremony.