CHAPTER 22

Subhadra with Dushala went away from there. Dushala too saw the blush on her best friend she like a good friend didn't want to let go the opportunity to tease hell out of her.

Dushala : So, Dwarka princes got crush on Maharaj Karna. Aww so sweet my friend is going to perform for her crush.

Dushala wanted to tease her friend but what surprised her that Subhadra only blush lightly but her lips had smirk and eyes had mischievous glint in it.

Subhadra : Oh you are one to speak Dushala who were stealing glances at maharathi Shon. Did you really think you can hide it from me and you have nerve to me huh!

Now it was Dushala's turn to blush. But no words come out of her mout either to deny or retort back. Both friends looked at each other and laughed.

Shubhdra : What say Dushala, I am going to play Veena already why don't you sing like we use to in Kanyakul. I saw how Maharathi's shon lit up when you told you excel in singing. May be we both give something to let them remember us individually not as princess.

Dushala nodded, she was gazing on her crush, so how could she miss that she was going to say this but since her friend asked herself there is no way that she would decline.

Both females went to maids and asked for Veena to let shubhadra perform. This hasn't gone unnoticed by anyone in the hall. Karna group saw that too, Duryodhana and Ashwatthama couldn't help but to tease hell out of their friend who was trying to deter them with stern faces but all it does to do increase their amusement and entertainment. Soon a Veena was brought out and placed on stage, shubhadra went to and got ready to play but to astonishment of others Dushala too went with her and sat beside her which sparkled gint on shins's face. Now few people didn't miss it one was Ashwatthama while other was Karna.

Once both Dwarka and kuru princess was ready rest too took their seat while front row consists of Karna, Duryodhana, Ashwatthama, shon and Dhussan. Then a beautiful melody rang in the surrounding and after sometime a angelic voice accompanying the melodious tune resounded through out the hall. Everyone was lost at such heavenly performances. Karna was enchanted by Veena playing and shubhadra whose eyes were closed, he was amazed by both Veena pay and her beauty that shined in the moonlight whine Shon thought he was in heaven through blessings of heavenly voice and kurukanya who seems to have hypnosis prowess in her voice though her beauty was empty to entrap anyone. Now Kauravas too enjoyed the performance but they were busy in looking at Karna to get teasing material but Ashwatthama saw Shon too who was unexpectedly subtle and could easily be overlooked if not for Smile on his lips looking at kuruprincess.

Soon the performance came to an end and huge applause reverberated in the hall.

Duryodhana : Uttam devi, ati uttam. I have never heard such beautiful Veena playing. Isn't it Mitra Karna.

Dhussan : Yes, yes Maharaj Karna say something.

The rest princes were barely hold their Snickers, they were aware how naughty their Jyeshtha can be. Karna was feeling like being targeted, he kept stern face with his bright smile to not give Dwarka Kumari anything and was going to say some prefuntury words but expectant gaze of her was indicating it wasn't possible.

Karna : Yes, Rajkumari Subhadra. Your Veena playing is exemplary you can match gandharva and Apsara in Veena playing.

Ashwatthama : Only in Veena playing Mitra?

Karna (pink cheeked) : In Beauty too.

Rest laughed hard except Shubhadra who was not raising her head with hardly concealed joy.

Dushala : All of you are praising her only what about my performance Jyeshtha.

Duryodhana : You were exemplary too my dear sister. I am so proud of you.

Dushala and rest Kauravas has teary eyes because it was only Duryodhana who ever express such elderly love for his siblings, he was their father, mother, brother, friend, guardian etc since childhood.

Ashwatthama : Your performance was spell bound too Rajkumari. Isn't it Shon.

Shon : Yes, yes it was.

Without thinking anything because he saw tears in her eyes which didn't sit well with him. Dushala blushed hearing this which didn't go unnoticed by Duryodhana who frowned slightly because it was her sister's reaction which told him lot of things. He glanced at Shon who was looking at her sister with care in his eyes. Duryodhana was overprotective when it come for his siblings as for his lifetime he tried to sheild them from pain and shower them with love only. Shon has all qualities he wants in would be husband of Dhushala, he was great warrior, good person, wasn't arrogant and would be king of strong upcoming kingdom as  Karna, shon would lead it with sain vishwamitra as kulguru but still he would keep very close eyes on both of them. He didn't want his sister to face problems and sorrow afterwards.

The hustle bustle lasted for while which elevated the mood of everyone.