PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Jersey Shore: Family Vacation Returns for Season 5 in the Florida Keys — and Snooki Is Back!

Season 5 of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation premieres Jan. 6 on MTV

Season 5 of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation is almost here — marking Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi's official return to the franchise.

The new season is set to premiere Jan. 6 on MTV, PEOPLE can exclusively reveal. In addition to Polizzi, 34, the cast features Giacinta "Cinta" Gorga, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Pauly "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, Vinny Guadagnino, Jenni "JWoww" Farley, Angelina Pivarnick, and Deena Nicole Cortese.

In season 5, the iconic reality stars are heading to the Florida Keys for the first time ever. Fans will see the group engaging in their customary antics and drama, as well as catching up on the past year's life changes, including both Sorrentino and Cortese's new babies.

"As the world continues to change in unexpected ways, the Jersey Shore family is back together and they're putting it all on the table," a release from MTV said. "From long overdue meatball days to wild nights in LA with Vinny and Mike's 'end of probation' celebration to DJ Pauly D's return to the clubs, this group continues to bring the non-stop party wherever they go."

"With the arrival of Baby Situation and Deena and Chris' new little meatball, life events continue to bring the family closer together," it continued. "And in true 'Shore' style, the group heads to the Florida Keys to remind everyone how outrageous a Jersey Shore Family Vacation can get."

Ahead of the season 5 premiere, fans can celebrate the holidays with the Jersey Shore cast with the 12 Days of JERZMAS on December 16th at 8 p.m. ET, during which Polizzi, Farley and Sorrentino are sharing their 12 favorite days from Family Vacation.

Jersey Shore: Family Vacation season 5 premieres Jan. 6 (8 p.m. ET) on MTV.

(Author Note: I'm writing both season 4 and season 5 at the same time and publishing them at the same time, so don't be confused by the timeline of Cinta's relationship.)