Protection

Emma's POV
After Silvia made me fall asleep, I thought that it was over. That she had won. That she would kill me. That I would never see Henry, my parents, or Killian ever again.

I woke up what I think was hours later. Just based on the daylight. The sun was going down.

I opened my eyes and saw Regina, Henry, my parents, Killian, and Whale standing over me. "Emma!" My mom yelled. I sat up and she hugged me. I got up off of the bed. My dad hugged me next. "Mom!" Henry hugged me tight. "Easy, kid." I laughed. He let go. "What the hell happened?" Regina asked me. I shook my head. "I talked to Silvia and then she went all crazy and wrapped me up in some curtains. Then, she-" I stopped talking. "What?" Henry asked. I shook my head. "She took my heart." Silence washed over the group. Killian walked over to me and moved a piece of hair out of my face. "We were so worried. I was so worried." He said as I hugged him. After he let go, I looked at everyone else. "What do we do about Emma's heart?" Mary Margaret asked Regina. She shook her head. "I don't know where it could be. We'll have to wait until tomorrow. When Silvia is on her 'good' side." Killian spoke up, "What if she uses Swan's heart? Like controls it?" He put his arm around my shoulder and held me very close

"We'll just have to be careful," Regina said. I guess that that's the best thing that we could do at this point. "You're free to go, Ms. Swan. You're in good condition. Except for, you know." Whale said as he pointed to me. We all nodded and made our way back outside. "Hook, can you walk Emma home?" Mary Margaret asked him. David raised his eyebrows. "Aye." Killian said with a smirk. He wrapped his arm around my waist and we started to walk.

David's truck drove past us and we were alone.

"I should've protected you," He mumbled. I looked at him. "It was my decision to go with her. You couldn't have protected me." I responded. He sighed. "Alright, but that damn witch isn't going to do anything  with your heart. I know what that's like and that's not going to happen to you." Something lit inside me. Something had awoken. It couldn't be... No. I didn't reply to him and just moved closer to him.

We got to my parent's loft. Killian opened the door and held it open for me. "Like I've said before, I am always a gentleman." He said with his eyebrow raised. I smiled and walked inside. My parents and Henry waited inside. It was getting late. "Why don't you head off to bed, kid." He nodded and gave me a quick hug.

He ran up the stairs and it was just Killian, my parents, and I left in the kitchen. "Thank you for walking her home, Hook." Mary Margaret said. "Sure, love. It was my pleasure." David just crossed his arms and looked at the ground. "We still need to find Silvia," I mumbled. Everyone sighed. "Don't worry about her. She won't hurt you anymore." Mary Margaret said. She yawned. "I'm going to go check on Neal and go to bed. Night." She walked out of the kitchen and into her bedroom. "I'll go, too. Hook, you should leave soon." David said. Wow, thanks Dad. "Goodnight," He said as he followed my mom. I went over to the couch and sat down. "I'll be able to talk to Silvia tomorrow. She'll probably tell me where my heart is. Right?" I asked Killian as he sat down next to me. He nodded. "You'll sort all of this out. And I'll protect you along the way." He smirked. I smirked back. "Then who will protect you?"

He thought about it for a moment. "We'll protect each other. But you don't ever have to worry about me because I'm a survivor." He said. He's told me that a million times. "Really?" I asked. I laid my head down on his shoulder. "Really." He wrapped his arm around me. I was so tired. I closed my eyes.

Sleep washed over me.

I had a horrible dream.

It was in the middle of the night. Everyone stood in front of the clock tower. My parents held their weapons, Regina had a ball of fire, Killian held a sword, and I had my gun. Right in front of the library stood Silvia. She looked insane. Suddenly, dark black storm clouds appeared out of nowhere and came over the town. Wind picked up and something, like a vortex, swirled around Silvia, Regina, Killian, my parents, and I. The wind whipped at my hair and I couldn't see anything. I heard Silvia's voice though. "I WILL KILL YOU! JUST LIKE YOU KILLED HER!" The cloud cleared up a bit and I saw the worst thing that I could've possibly seen.

Killian's heart in Silvia's hand.

She faced him with a face full of hatred. "You. Will. PAY!!!" She squeezed her hand and Killian cried out in pain. I aimed my gun at Silvia. "DON'T!" I screamed. She didn't listen. She squeezed harder. I shot my gun. She raised her other hand and the bullet stopped right in front of her. That was it. She held what was left of Killian's heart in her hand.

Dust.

"NO!" I screamed. Tears ran down my face and my voice cracked a little. I ran towards her, but somebody grabbed me from behind. I looked at Killian and saw his blue eyes meet mine.

He fell to the ground.

I woke up panting. I looked around and saw the kitchen light still on. I guess that I fell asleep on the couch. I looked over and saw Killian lying next to me. He groaned and sat up quickly. "What's wrong?! Are you alright?!" He asked quickly. I nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine, but I just..." I paused. "What is it?" I shook my head. "Just a dream." I replied. He enveloped me in a hug. "Tell me about it," He said. I yawned. "In the morning. It's late and I'm tired." We both laid back down and he kept his arms around me.

I felt safe. I felt loved.

But at the same time, I felt scared.