Forget

Silvia's POV
I stepped outside of the mansion. I looked down at Emma's heart and smiled to myself.

I had done it. I had won.

There was no way that they would ever find her heart. And without her heart, she could never love fully. She would never be able to do what the other girl wanted. I would keep my power. My strength. I kept walking away from the mansion until I couldn't see it anymore. Somebody would find Emma. I didn't want her dead. Not yet anyway. Don't do this. I stopped walking. "What else am I going to do?! Huh?" I spoke aloud. You can have a new life. Have a family. I growled in anger. "My. Family. Is. Dead. Because of him. It's his fault." I said slowly. The voice spoke again. Its not his fault. It's yours. She had to leave. "No she didn't. She could have stayed with me. We could've left together if he would've just....just..." I drifted off. What could he have done different? "She would still be alive if it wasn't for him. You know that." The voice said nothing. I kept walking.

He changed. He's a different man now.

I was getting frustrated now. I held Emma's heart out in front of me. "I'll kill her. I don't need her for anything." The voice didn't speak for a second. You won't kill her. I was confused. "What are you talking about?" I asked the empty forest. Something made pain shoot through my hand. I'm going to stop you. You won't ever hurt anyone again. Suddenly, I couldn't control my own body. My hand opened up and turned over so that the heart fell on the ground. "No!" I yelled. My legs began to move on their own. They walked away. I clenched my teeth and fought against the girl trapped inside. You can't kill her. She is too important. She doesn't deserve to die. But you do.

I kept fighting until I had control again. I took deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out. "Fine...you win. I won't kill her," I said through breaths. I walked over to the heart and picked it up. I looked at its vibrant red glow. "I'll just hide it." I walked until I got to my destination. The toll bridge lay in front of me. I walked down to the stream and stepped into it. I held out my hand that wasn't holding the heart and waved it.

The water stopped flowing and a piece of land floated into the air, leaving a hole in the ground. I walked through the still water to the hole and gently laid down the heart inside. I moved back to dry land and waved my hand again. The piece of land fell back into the hole. I marked it with a patch of purple flowers to remember where it was. The stream began to flow again. "There. Are you happy?" I said. Very.

I began to walk away. I stopped dead in my tracks and froze. What is it now? I grinned slightly. "One more thing. That is all." I held out my hand and a vial with liquid inside appeared. What are you doing?! That's...that's... I nodded. "I know what it is. You can't remember where I hid the heart. Because if you do, my whole plan will be ruined." I untwisted the cap and the pain in my hand returned. I wouldn't let her control me again.

I had to do this.

Before she could stop me, I brought the vial up to my lips and drank it. The liquid went down my throat and my mind went fuzzy. "Where am I? I was in the mansion and then...CRAP! This is Emma's doing. She's probably gone by now, but I need to continue on with my plan...if I can remember my plan." And with that I walked away from the toll bridge and back to town.