Love, Trust, and Magic

Emma's POV
Killian walked away. He needed to be alone. I understood, but I was worried about him. He seemed...I don't really know the words. I knew that he was upset and it's fine for him to be, but he needs to understand that that was his past.

I began to go after him, but Silvia grabbed my arm. "He needs some time alone. Besides, I need to talk to you." I sighed and nodded. I looked over at her and saw the distress in her eyes. She let go of my arm and began to walk away. "Walk with me." I caught up with her and we walked away from the edge of the forest. "What is it that you have to tell me?" I asked curiously. Silvia blew out a big breath. "I think that we are running out of time. I will succumb to the darkness of my heart soon enough. We can't let that happen, Emma. A lot of people-good people-would most likely end up dead," She responded. "How can we speed up this process then? Is there anyway we can?" Silvia smiled. "You and Henry are full on your 'cup.' You have been since yesterday when you gave up your gun for him. You had the chance to shoot me, yet you didn't take it because you knew that I would kill him."

Two down. One to go.

"So that just leaves you and Hook. You have gotten better. When Hook found you, when you fell asleep with him on the couch, when-" "Don't look around in my head. There are private things in there." I said with a grim face. I didn't need anyone seeing my thoughts. That was my business. Not hers. "Oh come on, Emma. I have already seen all of your deepest, darkest secrets. Don't think for a second that I don't know anything about you." This kid was really starting to piss me off. "You-" She held up her hand and cut me off. "I know everything about you. Everything. You still cannot accept the fact that your parents had another child and feel like they are replacing you. Jealousy. You don't know if you are a good mother to Henry all the time. Doubt. You also don't know if you really love Hook or if you're just using him to get over Neal. At first that is what you were doing, but then you became attached to him and you still don't know if you really love him. Confusion. Did I miss anything?"

Holy crap.

I stopped walking and stood there in shock. I stared at Silvia. "I never wanted anyone to know any of those things. Ever." Silvia rolled her eyes. "Please. Your actions are so obvious. If people just observed things then they would notice." I kept staring at her. "Don't you ever tell anyone about any of that," I barely whispered. She shook her head. "I wouldn't dream of it." We continued to walk. "You said that you have helped people see the best in each other. Did you interfere with Killian and I?" Silvia laughed. "What?" She shook her head. "I wouldn't call it interfering. I would call it helping. And no. I didn't." I was surprised to hear that. I fell for the pirate all by myself. "But you said that you helped with Neal and I." She laughed. "It wasn't easy to make a criminal fall in love with another criminal." Her smile vanished when she saw how grim my face was. "Sorry. I just...um..." Her voice trailed off. "I am worried about this town. I could destroy it. Tomorrow, I am going to be evil again. I told you that I was running out of time, I know because of today. I'm not at all like how I should be. I am in the mixed stage right now and that means that time is running out." Silvia looked at me sadly. "I'm thinking that maybe I should leave town." I don't know why but I didn't want her to do that. She was just a kid and she didn't have to go through what I did. I felt as if she and I were alike in so many was.

Silvia is an orphan. I was an orphan. She feels alone in the world. I felt like that. She just wanted her happy ending. Her happiness is what mattered right now. She deserved it. "No. If you leave, you can never come back. Then how would I help you?" I asked her. Silvia just shrugged. "Why are you sympathetic towards me? You may have felt alone and lost, but you don't anymore. Right?" I smirked a little. "Right. I have a good family and lots of friends. You do, too. We're your family now." She looked so happy when I told her that. I wonder if anyone had ever told her 'I love you.' She reminded me so much of Lily, too. "Thank you, Emma. I will stop at nothing to find your heart. I want you and Killian to be happy. I want your parents and Henry to be safe. I just want to be normal."

I trusted Silvia. Even if she has dangerous magic. And something deep inside me said the same about Killian. Even with a bad past, I still trusted him. I even desperately wanted to love him.

"Go find Killian. He could use your love right now." Silvia said. I scoffed and walked away. I walked to my Bug and called Killian. He answered on the first ring. "Emma, I just want to be alone right now." I heard his voice say. "Where are you? I just want to talk about this." Silence. "Please." I said. "I went to the toll bridge. Please come alone." Killian hung up and I got in the car.

Only three words can describe my messed up life.

Love, trust, and magic.