𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞 | 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

"Look who decided to come waltzing in. How you like the color?" Emery said stepping back from the wall. She was covered in paint but she didn't care. She was bored and couldn't wait for Matt next day off to paint the babies room.

"I thought I told you that I was going to do it?" Matt said.

"Aren't you supposed to be play with the guys? Why are you here? Coming in all sweaty and shit

"Aren't you supposed to be play with the guys? Why are you here? Coming in all sweaty and shit." She said turning around.

"I would like for you to know that this body doesn't stay in shape by itself; even though I do have superpowers— hey, stop trying to flip the script, and gimmie this. You're supposed to be resting, not breathing in toxic fumes." Matt said playfully snatching the paint roller from Emery.

"I'm pregnant, not handicap so give it here." She said trying to snatch it back but Matt moved away.

Determined to continue painting, Emery walked up to Matt and tried to grab the paintbrush but Matt moved. The two playfully began to play tug of war, with Matt having the upper hand, literally. He held the paintbrush over his head as Emery tried to jump for it.

"Come on, stop it," She said grabbing his arm.

Emery baby bump poked against Mat's hard stomach as he wrapped his arm around her waist. Shocked, Emery looked at Matt with a look he couldn't decipher. The two stared at each other, Matt hand securely on Emery's waist while her arm was thrown over his shoulder.

Things weren't supposed to be like this. Katherine was supposed to be there, pregnant with Matt's baby but she couldn't conceive and Matt was adamant about having kids of his own so the both of them agreed to get a surrogate. One thing lead to another and they met Emery who at the time didn't want children, but couldn't pass up the money.

Things were going great until Katherine suddenly up left for a week and then sent divorce papers. She ran away with her married lover, leaving Matt with a homeless, twenty two year old surrogate. Matt was determined on having a child and so he had Emery move in with him.