Chapter 5

The low of hum of someone busy organizing their thoughts. The sound of a pencil scratching against paper, jotting down what seemed like a hundred words. These noises were the only things that sounded in the Defense Tower. Without those, the tower would've been filled with dead silence.

The young male stood, once again, overlooking the small island, thinking of ways to improve it and gain more mana. His red eyes continued to go back and forth of the island from one end to the other.

As he was doing this, his eyes caught something next to the gateway, the portal that teleported Fairy and Vagabond to the Garen Forest. The portal itself didn't catch his attention though, it was the lump in front of it.

It was a bit hard to make out, but if you looked carefully you'd be able to tell that it was Vagabond's unconscious body on the floor. His arms were spread wide apart welcoming the sun that shone down on his body. There wasn't a trace of blood on him, not even a single scratch. It looked as if a giant ice-encased paw hadn't slammed him to the ground with amazing force.

It didn't surprise the red eyed boy when the warrior looked unharmed. He knew very well that when a monster died on a mission they would respawn back to the island healed. The only down side about it was that the monster would wake up with a massive headache that could probably make them close their eyes for another few hours.

The boy sighed at Vagabond, his head shaking in disappointment. His hand on his chin moved up towards the bridge of his nose, his fingers pinching it while his eyes were closed and his face scrunched up like he was thinking in frustration.

He had to do something with him. In his eyes, Vagabond was a weak, two graded wind monster that was only hindering his plans. What should he do? How can he make him better?

The red eyed boy gave another heavy sigh and looked up to find that the Hellhound was now nudging its unconscious comrade's head with his muzzle. It took big sniffs and small licks to remember who its ally was.

The red eyed boy continued to watch them with tired eyes. He was starting to get a headache with each worried thought that settled in his head. The questions continued to repeat themselves over and over again. How can he improve him? What will make him better?

And then it finally clicked. The questions in his head finally ceased.

The boy's eyes were now staring at the boy on the ground holding nothing but regret in them. It was for the best, wasn't it? Everything he did was for his monsters sake, right?

"When's the next power up?" The pencil stopped immediately. The blue eyed lady looked up to meet with the boy's back.

"The next power up will start as soon as we obtain the summon scrolls from the mission in which Fairy and Vagabond were assigned to."

"Put that on hold and set Fairy up for more power," The words were spoken with authority. The lady bowed her head slightly jotting down more notes as she did so.

Ever so graciously, the lady turned on her heel and made her way towards the door. Her hand barely grazed the door when something slammed against the exit next to her head making the lady unable to leave.

She lifted her gaze straight ahead and saw that the thing holding the door closed was the boy's hand.

"And bring Vagabond to the circle as well," the boy whispered in her ear, his mouth barely touching against it.

"As you wish," the lady responded, both of them oblivious to Reaper's presence in the room.

A/N: Yaaaaa sorry if this one was horrible. I was actually thinking (If I ever finish this story) of making a second story to this. Thinking that it should be their kids or something. Probably need somebody to draw what they should look like though ._. Bai Bai :3.