Chapter 2

The Garen Forest.

An exquisite place that welcomed a variety of low graded monsters. The forest was covered with trees, a few low hills, and a single dirt road right in the middle of it all.

Fairy and Vagabond were walking down that road, Fairy's eyes darting around to find anything interesting as the latter's eyes were staring into the vast blue sky.

The couple walked in a comfortable silence. The only things they could hear were the crunching of dirt under their feet and the chirping of birds in the endless trees.

It was only a moment later when Vagabond broke the silence,"I have a bad feeling about this."

"You always say that," giggled Fairy. It was true. For some odd reason he always had that feeling whenever they were alone together. The first time Fairy heard this she thought nothing of it and that it was just his imagination, but after hearing it more she concluded that the 'bad feeling' was her.

Fairy remembered that day clearly, the day when Vagabond was tired of being ignored by the sensitive monster.

FLASHBACK
"FAIRY!!!" A voice boomed within the second part of the island. The voice could be heard by the Underlanders below them.

Fairy knew this voice far too well, her heart constricted in pain as her steps towards their quarters became became quicker.

She only had a few more steps to go until a strong grip on her arm, not strong enough to hurt her though, pulled her back into a hard chest.

Fairy immediately knew who it was and refused to look him in the eyes. She could feel the tall male glaring at her, his face only inches away.

"What's up with you?" Vagabonds voice became softer, but his eyes still held anger in them,"You haven't talked to me, you haven't looked at me, and why the hell do you keep on talking to yourself?"

Fairy blushed at the last question. There was literally no monsters that she could talk to except for Vagabond, but she refused to talk to him. Fairy only had to options and talking to inanimate objects seemed much more better then clearing things up with Vagabond.

"I... Ummm I....." Fairy stuttered, her eyes still downcast.

Vagabond sighed as his glare left his features and was replaced with a tired one. He hated making Fairy stutter since it was a sign that she was on the verge of crying.

Vagabond's anger quickly disappeared as soon as he heard her stutter and tried to comfort the young girl. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her against his chest, his left hand rubbing her back comfortingly.

Fairy hesitantly wrapped her arms around him and silently cried into his chest, Vagabond's shirt soaked in the tears.

"I-I thought that I w-was troubling you and that y-you didn't like me," Fairy started to hiccup and blushed even more.

Vagabond sighed, his rage towards the poor monster changed its direction toward himself. He shouldn't have yelled, he should've just talked to Fairy in a less violent manner.

"You must be crazy to think that you're troubling me," Vagabond laughed,"I'm always gonna love your presence. I'm always gonna love your smile, your voice, and all the other things that you have. You're everything to me and don't you dare forget that." His lips lightly brushed against Fairy's in hopes to forgive his harsh act.

The smaller monster didn't know what to say or what to do for that matter. All that she could do was wrap her arms around him and whispered 'I'm sorry's and 'I love you's.
FLASHBACK ENDS

A small smile fell upon Fairy's small lips, the memory was always in the back of her mind along with her other greatly valued memories.

Fairy looked over at Vagabond, her light blue eyes watching his every move.

The blonde monster felt her gaze and returned it with a smile. His heart always seemed to beat faster whenever his eyes met Fairy's. Of course, the reason was obvious.

He loved her. He always have and always will.

Suddenly a low, dark growl cut through the air making the two monsters freeze where they were, the wind blew softly picking up leaves as it went by.

It was time to fight.