Chapter 10

"Get ready for battle. Mt. Siz level 1, Fairy, Hellhound, and Inugami," The assistant's voice rang through the speakers. Some time has passed since that dreadful day. Everyone was back to work, getting ready to level up and evolve soon.

Fairy stood up and stretched her arms and legs out as the wolf and the hound jogged towards the gateway.

Hellhound's wet tongue was hanging out of his mouth, his tail wagging back in forth out of excitement. Inugami's much larger frame, towered over Hellhound with a calm attitude. Both were complete opposites of each other, yet they acted like they were both brothers that looked out for each other.

Fairy smiled at them and walked over to the canines. Their ears perked up when they heard Fairy come by and started to welcome her with friendly licks.

"Please enter through the gateway," the assistant's voice one again sounded through the speakers. Following orders, Inugami moved back from the two and made his way to the portal, jumping through it with ease. Hellhound followed him and practically threw himself in the gateway. Fairy laughed at the hound's eagerness as she walked through the portal.

---------------

A tingling sensation ran through Fairy as blinked a few times to regain her sight, Inugami and Hellhound doing the same while shaking their heads a bit. It was one of the many effects that the gateway did to you. Tingling sensations, sometimes slight nausea, blurry visions, and much more.

As soon as her sight was back, she found herself standing in front of an ancient building. Weeds grew on the sides of the walls, holes in the walls were replaced by huge boulders, grass grew within the cracks of the stone road ahead of them. Tall statues of the great monsters were placed in front of the building, though they were all in poor condition.

Fairy, Inugami, and Hellhound walked slowly along the old road with wandering eyes. They looked at the statues with great admiration and slightly bowed their in respect.

Only great monsters and boss monsters were made into statues. The great monsters were mostly high leveled summons that are great in the Arena and the Cairos Dungeons, or monsters that fought against one of the dark ones, the children of Velajuel.

As Fairy was about to lift her head up, she saw in the corner of her eye something move behind one of the statues. She looked over to where it was to find a huge fire golem standing behind the Magic Warrior's statue trying to hide itself behind it.

"Why are you hiding behind there?" Fairy asked, her voice was raised so that the golem could hear her.

Either not knowing Fairy was talking to it or pretending that she didn't see him, it continued to stand behind the statue. It would sometimes peek out over the statue's soldier, but would quickly move behind it.

"You don't have to hide, you know," Fairy tried once again, but it still refused to answer back.

Hellhound huffed and ran inside the building with Inugami at his tail. Fairy didn't want to leave the child-like golem behind, but she had no other choice.

Sighing, Fairy walked to where the wolf and the hound went in saying a small goodbye. She knew that the golem didn't stat behind for too long when she heard the heavy footsteps that followed her from a distance.

A/N: Sorry for taking so loooooonnnghhgggg. Sorry for terribleness, shortness, and other stuffies that's baaadddd. Will be sure to make more. Anybody want me to make a second story of this? Like the kids or something? Anyways. Bai Bai :3.