Character Background

(During the Archon War

(During the Archon War. 2000 years ago.)

(Present Day

(Present Day.)

Name: Akihiko, Gusion (God Name), Okami Akihiko (Full Name)

Age: 3,500+

Birthday: July 7

Favorite Food: Taiyaki

Least Favorite Food: Lavender Melons

Vision: Hydro (Fake)

Constellation: Imperator Pacis (Emperor of Peace)

Background:

Unbeknownst to anyone at Inazuma, there is still one deity who besides from the Raiden Shogun, ruled Inazuma. His name is Gusion or known as Akihiko, the Emperor, and is known as the God of Tranquility. Though he is only just a figurehead, he is a faithful ruler to Inazuma, vowing to protect it and it's people.

Originally, he and his people lived in Takamagahara, an island that is in the far east of Narukami Island. His people prospered under his wise rule. Not until the Archon War broke out. He evacuated his people southwest as one of his retainers asked, "Your Eminence, what about our land?" Akihiko just said, "Our people is more important than our land. Our nation is our people, not our land."

Still, even though he evacuated his people, most his people became casualties of the said war. When he and the survivors of his dwindling nation arrived at Narukami Island, they seeked the help of the twin gods who said to govern the island, Baal and Beelzebul or known as Makoto and Ei.

Makoto taking pity of what happened to the residents of Takamagahara, she sheltered them and apparently, their people formed bonds with each other.

Through this, Makoto decided to found the Inazuman Shogunate along with Ei, acting as her kagemusha. As for Akihiko, he was chosen as Makoto to act as the "Emperor." For Makoto inquired Akihiko's people about his wise rule and his era of prosperity even before the Archon War broke out. Thus he became the Emperor of the Shogunate but, under one condition, Akihiko stated that he will only act as a figurehead and Makoto will be the true ruler.

Even under that condition, Makoto, Ei, and Akihiko ruled Inazuma jointly, and fought the Archon War together, along with their close allies: Sasayuri, Chiyo, and Kitsune Saiguu. Still, tragedy followed. Sasayuri died in the Battle of Yashiori Island during the Archon War, Chiyo was corrupted after being consumed by a beast of sin and went missing when Ei confronted her, as for Saiguu, she was consumed by the darkness during the Cataclysm.

Makoto was mortally wounded in the Battle of Khaenri'ah but fortunately, Akihiko arrived and managed to save Makoto. However, through this, Makoto decided to abdicate her position as the Electro Archon and passed it to Ei. As for Akihiko, he also abdicated his position as the Emperor and decided to erase all traces of his name in history.

"Why did you do that?" That was the question Makoto could ask and Akihiko answered, "All I ever wanted for my people is peace. Nothing more, nothing less. I want my people to move on from me and live in their own. Don't worry, I'm sure, Ei will handle it."

Thus, the two gods decided to live a peaceful life in the Grand Narukami Shrine, guarding the Sacred Sakura along with Yae Miko, the current Guuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine.

She treated both Makoto and Akihiko as akin to her parents. In the era of peace after the Cataclysm, Akihiko and Makoto finally had the time to foster their love for each other. Although Akihiko never admitted his love for Makoto in the past, and Makoto kept her love secret due to her role as the Electro Archon.

Now that the two of them aren't bound by anything anymore, their love begins to bloom, like the Sakura Tree blooms when Spring arrives.