Q&A About Akihiko

Q1: Since we know that the Dendro Element is from the Irminsul, does Akihiko also have access to the Irminsul?

A: Yes. He does have the access to Irminsul. But he doesn't need to because of his omniscience. He would rather not interfere with the Irminsul because Akihiko can literally see the future which can have an effect with the Irminsul itself.

Q2: Since Akihiko ordered everyone in Inazuma to burn the records related to him, does this mean he also used the power of the Irminsul to let the world forget about him?

A: Yes, but he didn't use the power of Dendro. He used the burning records as a catalyst for a mind spell. As for his records within the Irminsul, he's a special case. He doesn't have a record on the Irminsul because his origins is from one of the Shades of the Primordial One (Istaroth).

Q3: What does Akihiko's origins have to do with Irminsul's lack of records on him and even his home nation (Takamagahara)?

A: He is a secret that the God of Time (Istaroth) kept from the rest of the world through warping his existence in time, until he will be manifested in the Land of Takamagahara along with Amaya, the God of the Rain. The reason why Istaroth kept Akihiko a secret, because she knew that the Second who Came will somehow threaten the World and some threats of in future like the Abyss and the Heavenly Principles.

Q4: Is Akihiko more powerful than the Heavenly Principles?

A: His title the "Emperor of Heaven" is not just for show. He is above the Heavenly Principles (Celestia).

Q5: Is Akihiko much powerful than the Seven?

A: He can control all the Seven Elements along with Light and Darkness. So, yes. Even with an Archon with their Gnosis, Akihiko is much powerful and even beyond the Seven.

Q6: Why did Akihiko didn't tell anything of the Traveler about their sibling?

A: He saw a future that when he did that, the result wasn't lovely. He's avoiding that future.

Q7: Does Akihiko know the Sustainer?

A: Yes. In fact, the Sustainer and Akihiko once fought a in a duel during the early years of Takamagahara. Akihiko won the duel against the Sustainer. 

Q8: Why did Celestia tried to destroy Takamagahara?

A: Takamagahara is the perfect Utopia of Teyvat and was perceived as a threat to Celestia. So Celestia attempted to send a Celestial Nail upon the island which caused disasters, famines, calamities and pestilence. The nail was destroyed by Akihiko's power. Which lead to his sister's death and creating the mist barrier of Takamagahara, until the events of the Archon War.

Q9: Why didn't Akihiko just fought Osial during the war?

A: Akihiko already saw Osial being defeated by Morax. If he did, then the Guyun Stone Forest wouldn't exist.

Q10: If Akihiko can see past, present, and future, why isn't he doing anything to alter it to produce desirable results?

A: His answer would be, "As much as possible, I don't want to alter what is about to happen in the future or else, Celestia would keep an eye on me, which is something I wouldn't like and I'd like to avoid conflict that will result to needless events."

Q11: Did he predicted the Archon War?

A: Yes. He was already preparing for it. He saw horrible it would be for his home. So he decided to evacuate the people the moment that the "seven seats" are opened.

Q12: Did his surviving people had descendants in Inazuma?

A: Yes. The descendants of his people were: Kamuna Harunosuke and Asase Hibiki who were both part of the Yougou Three. The First Commissioner of the Yashiro Commission was also a descendant of the Takamagaharans, which is the reason why Akihiko was the one who created and supervised the said Commission before his abdication as the Emperor 500 years ago.

Q13: With his ability to see past, present, and future, which of these three is he frequently looking at?

A: The ability to see past and present. The past in order to gain some information about the present situation. While the present, in order to somehow know the current state of things. He would only look at the future if necessary and as much as possible, he would like to leave humans to create or change their own fate. To which he gave guidance and advices.