Chapter 11: Sakura Blossoms (Part 1)

Akihiko's POV. Grand Narukami Shrine.

Akihiko: I'd say, we did a pretty good job out there.

Paimon: You're the one who almost did all the work.

Makoto: I agree.

Aether: Yes.

Paimon: But, Akihiko, is it true that Yae Miko gave away the Gnosis?

Akihiko: Why don't you ask the person in question.

I glanced at Miko who just shrugged it off.

Miko: What Akihiko said was true.

Paimon: What!? T-Then!?

Akihiko: The Traveler's life is even more important than the Gnosis, a reasonable bargain.

Miko: You praise me too much, Akihiko. I was only following your footsteps.

I stood on top of the elevated platform just in front of the Sacred Sakura, with Makoto on my side as we face the Traveler and Paimon.

Akihiko: Now that everything is over, Traveler, I know you do have questions in mind. So, feel free to ask me, Makoto, or Miko.

Aether: Hmmmm......

Aether: Right! Makoto, since you are the original Electro Archon, how did you fool the world in believing you were dead?

Paimon: Oh, yeah, that's right! Not to mention, Zhongli also called the Electro Archon as Baal.

Makoto: My archon name is Baal. As far as the world was aware, Ei and I were not two, but one.

Miko: Twin gods, won the Archon War in Inazuma. Well, with the assistance of the God of Tranquility.

Aether: The Narukami Emperor, wait, Akihiko, why such effort?

Akihiko: When I was thinking of forming the new government, I've thought of all the possibilities that it could bring.

Akihiko: And the best one that came to mind, was the Shogunate.

Akihiko: But, I only acted as a figurehead, in order not to draw the attention of any other gods.

Paimon: What!? Wait, then why did you become the Emperor if you didn't even wanted to draw attention to yourself!? Isn't that just irony on your part!?

Makoto: A figurehead, is only, hmmmm, let's say, just like a hat. That's it. He is the hat, but the one who is using the hat, is the true one. After all, who would want to waste their time on a figurehead?

Aether: In other words, Akihiko is the diversion?

Akihiko: Yep, and as you know, when lightning flashes, it casts a shadow. That, is the role of Ei, to act as Makoto's body double, the shadow warrior.

Makoto: As I took care of the general affairs and the ruling, Ei took care of the things that require such force.

Makoto: But, sometimes, Akihiko would intervene if he needed to. But, he'll indirectly intervene by his strategies and diplomatic solutions.