Chapter 3: Awakening

During the time that the Traveler is confronting the Balladeer........

The one inside the Forbidden Sarcophagus.......finally eradicates the corruption that was trying to eat his essence.

But at the cost of his awakening.........

All memories of his godhood, his people, Takamagahara, Inazuma, the Archon War, the Cataclysm, and the Seven, and his friends.........

We're wiped clean...........in other words.......

He forgot all the events that happened during the 3,500 years of him in the world.

-------------------

Akihiko's POV. Chamber of the Sarcophagus, Grand Narukami Shrine.

It's too dark........

All I can see is darkness......

Where am I?

That is the very first question that popped into my mind as soon as I gain consciousness.

I can feel something cold in my surroundings. I can feel that I'm inside of something that can fit a person........

Right.......left......

Up.....down.......

I can feel that I'm lying on something.........

But upwards.........

Wait.........so this is this some kind of a lid.......?

And I was correct.........It was a lid and I pushed it upwards........

Once it was done, I sit up and I let my eyes adjust to the environment........

Left.......Right...........

And I can see lamps.........

Leading......to a passageway.........

I jumped out from what I can guess is a coffin...........and followed the path........

Once I reached the end of the said path, I opened the door and before me...........all I first saw is the night sky.

The moon, the stars...........

Akihiko: .............

Wait........if I know this much......then.......

How come that I don't even know........my name.......?

Although I still have some basic knowledge in nature, maybe due to instinct, I couldn't remember anything about myself.

Akihiko: Just where in the world is this place..........?

I looked around and I first noticed a big tree that has the shape of an animal.