Chapter 14: The Crimson and the Blue Oni (Part 2)

Akihiko's POV.

We finally found our target, the man with a pair of blue horns. The Blue Oni.

However, our target ran away but we chased him down. Until Itto decided to reveal his identity.

Itto: It's me! Aratakki Itto, descendant of the Crimson Oni!

???: ..........

He stopped upon his tracks, still facing the other way.

???: Hmph. I know who you are.

???: From the day we are born, every blue oni knows their purpose.

???: We know that our fate is nothing but of self-sacrifice.

???: But what about the Crimson Oni, huh? What do you know about us, hmm? Not our miserable history, or any of our names.

Akihiko: What is your name then, young blue oni?

Takuya: Takuya. But you people wouldn't even care, do you?

Makoto removed her mask as she revealed her face with a somehow displeased reaction.

Makoto: .......

Takuya: Because those who gets sacrificed should be forgotten, right?

Makoto: No, well....um.....

Akihiko: No. Those who valiantly sacrificed themselves for the sake of others will never be forgotten.

Akihiko: Although, I guess Makoto just remembered my sacrifice. When I decided to let the people forget about me and my history.

Itto: Look, I never knew that the blue oni had survived until now—and the moment I found out that they still exist......I was determined to find you.

Itto: Since you remember the pact between our ancestors, our two factions, I assume you also remember the pride we share as oni.

Itto: So my question is, why did a proud oni like yourself abuse the weak and plunder the innocent?

Itto: Why break that oath that our ancestors made?

Takuya: Hahahahahaha!

Itto: Huh!? What's so funny—

Akihiko: Itto, let's listen first to what he has to say.

Takuya: Who are you to talk about pride and oaths with me?

Takuya: The blue oni gave up everything! Just so that the crimson oni could live peacefully in the human society!

Takuya: But let me ask you, Aratakki Itto.

He points at Itto and he just went and ask a question that well, probably damaged Itto.

Takuya: What did you even contribute to society?

Takuya: You're a blundering fool who can't even hold down a real job, a laughingstock of the town, and worse still, you let them get your Vision during the Vision Hunt Decree.