18 - Victory is a Bliss, Losing Someone However is not.

The villain cackled.

"A hero? Admitting? Ladies and gents and other audiences, isn't that quite a rare sight?" they laughed.

Dream snarled, propelling himself towards the villain.

The villain willingly shoved 404 off the ledge, then tackling Dream's legs, causing him to fall backwards.

He was laughing maniacally, "Checkmate."

----

"You just fucking killed him." Dream snarled, trying to regain his breath.

"You win some, you lose some. Now would be a wise idea to hand over your hostage." The villain reconciled, shrugging aimlessly.

"You're talking about the bird? All this, just for a dumb fucking bird?" Dream spat.

The villain immediately shoved Dream's own sword, Nightmare, closer towards his neck.

"He's not any 'dumb fucking bird'. Talk shit and your neck may aswell have the same fate as the life of your friend." They snarled.

Dream grunted furiously.

He just fucking killed George.

"How could you?"

"Dunno, how could you steal something from someone when you're a hero? False prophets, I tell ya."

Dream narrowed his eyes, then reaching for his earpiece.

"Call for help and your friends would have to deal with your body."

Dream rolled his eyes, "don't you want your bird back?"

The villain hummed, waiting for Dream to continue.

"S- Ember," Dream placed a finger on the piece to activate the microphone, "Bring over the bird."

"What? How come you aren't calling me by my name?" Ember confusedly said in his place.

Dream didn't answer.

"You lost, didn't you? Where's George?"

Still no answer.

Ember softened his grip on his phone.

"Fuck, I'll bring the crow."

The line had dropped.

Well, Ember's comm did.

Dream sighed, raising his hands in defeat.

"He's coming over."

The villain nodded, still unmoving.

They were smart, and once Dream manages to flee, he will have to start researching yet again.

He needs to know the villain's weaknesses, and their allies.

If he gets in touch with his enemies, he may aswell bring the villain's downfall.