Chapter Twenty-One: Keefe

"Marinette? Marinette, wake up," he said, shaking the unconscious Marinette.

"Relax," Mr. Forkle said, he, Sophie, Fitz, and Bronte all worn out. "Her body is still trying to absorb all the power. She'll come to in a few minutes."

"And her cells seem fine," Elwin said, flashing orbs of multi-colored light around Marinette. "Just a little shaken up from the whole process. But she'll be completely fine."

"Her vitals are still very strong," Livvy added. "We'll just have to administer the detox once she's come back and not so worn out."

Keefe could see Adrien scrunch his face in confusion.

"Just something to help adjust more to the Lost Cities," Elwin explained. "I remember Sophie's cells were filled with harmless toxins when she first came here. Nothing a few elixirs can't fix."

He started digging around in his bag as Adrien nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

Keefe still couldn't help but look at Marinette, who was still out. She looked so innocent, like a little baby...

Yet she felt as cold as ice.

It was some strange power with his new ability. Keefe could be able to feel and predict the abilities elves would manifest. He already knew the futures of Dex's younger triplet siblings. Only... one of them was destined to be Talentless.

So if she was freezing cold, it would make sense as to why there was a small area of the floor right under her hand that was covered in frost.

"Interesting," Mr. Forkle said.

"What do you mean?" Keefe asked.

"It means she's a Froster," Mr. Forkle said. "Only a Froster unlike any other."

Keefe wrinkled his nose in confusion.

"We weren't sure what ability she would manifest, if any at all," Mr. Forkle explained. "But what we saw before she fell unconscious was strange. You know what a Froster's power is, right?"

"Yeah," Keefe shrugged. "They manipulate ice particles in the air."

"Exactly," Mr. Forkle said. "So feel the air around you."

Keefe rolled up one of his sleeves.

There was no hint of ice particles anywhere.

"So..." he said. "You're saying that she created the ice herself?"

"It's the only explanation," Mr. Forkle said, and Keefe noticed the Forkster constantly flitting his eyes to Adrien, who was staring in shock and confusion at the orbs Elwin was conjuring all around him. "Which means she's ultimately more powerful than any other Froster to have existed. Imagine if she had enough control over her powers."

Keefe could only imagine entire cities and homes covered in winter.

"Can I trust that you won't let the fear overwhelm her?" Mr. Forkle asked.

Keefe had to think about it.

"Sure," he said, noticing Marinette beginning to stir.

"Whahappened?" she mumbled.

"Easy there," Mr. Forkle said. "You're probably still exhausted."

Marinette responded by clutching Keefe closer like she was a little toddler.

Keefe, for some reason, found it super adorable.

But he also noticed Sophie and Oralie missing.