Chapter Thirty-Four: Adrien

"Okay, so you need our help?" Alya asked.    

Marinette's plan was simple: go to Paris, find all the current Miraculous holders, and get them to Alluveterre with the rest of the Madrigal grandkids. From there they could find a plan, and figure out how those humans could be a part of the equation. 

"You do realize we did a whole thing to make sure they forget you two, right?" Alya pointed out.   

"We know, but now we need them to," Marinette said. "We just need to go around in our superhero personas to round them up and help them remember, as well as give them their Miraculous. I'll convince Master Fu to let me hand out all the Miraculous."   

"Should be easy," Nino shrugged. "Since he's been missing since Alya was taken by the Neverseen."   

"Master Fu is missing?" Marinette gasped. "How?"   

"I... I don't know," Alya said. "Last I saw him was when they captured me, like Nino said. They knocked me out and I don't know what happened until I woke up in their hideout, interrogating me about the Black Swan."   

Adrien shook his head in disbelief.    

"Look, I'll make sure that everything's safe over there," he said. "You need to go find the others. You know most of their identities anyway."  

"You do have a point in that," Marinette said. "Okay. It's a plan."

Adrien had to admit, going around Paris as Cat Noir again felt amazing. He didn't realize how much he'd missed hopping from rooftop to rooftop on his baton (although he couldn't really show off much since they couldn't reveal to all of the city that he was back).

But soon, he finally made it to Master Fu's place.

It was terrible. All the pictures and small trinkets had been smashed against the floor, dried blood was splattered on the furniture, and the phonograph was in pieces.

Adrien thanked his lucky stars the Miracle Box was still in one piece as he gently picked it up from the splintered wood. Sure, some bits were dented, but inside, all the pieces of jewelry all in one piece.

However, he didn't remember a folded scrap of paper being where his Miraculous would've been.

Inside was probably one of the simplest and scariest notes he'd ever read.

To the famous Cat Noir:

We know your secret. That you're one of the biggest chances of the Black Swan winning this war. Well, right here is proof that we've been at the upper hand since day one.

And I'm pretty sure you know by now that the Neverseen's goal is to get rid of you and Sophie. However, I have a little deal for you.

Join us, help us destroy the humans and take control of the world, and in turn, we'll spare your life and any lives you wish us to spare, so long as it's reasonable.

We can even reunite you with a lost loved one...

Think fast, Adrien Agreste. Because your days are numbered, and we're only giving you so long to decide. It would be best to say yes and join us to spare hundreds of lives than if you stayed against us.

Adrien swallowed the lump in his throat, trying to control his breathing.

He felt himself running his fingers on the deep blue and dark violet, where two missing Miraculous should've been.