Chapter Twenty-Five: Keefe

"Aw, yeah!" Keefe cheered as he watched the wall in Lord Cassius's room ice over.

Of course Marinette had been having a bit of a rough day. And yes, Keefe may have just wanted to mess up Daddy Dearest's room. Lord Cassius was at some boring meeting with the Black Swan (for unknown reasons), and he felt it would be the best time to mess with his father.

And he'd introduced Marinette to Ro, his ogre bodyguard. And of course, Ro had joined the "Marinette x Keefe" train.

And while, yes, Marinette had felt a little intimidated around Ro at first, Keefe assured Marinette that Ro wouldn't sneak amoebas into their food.

So now Marinette was busy freezing everything that pretty much belonged to Lord Cassius, per Keefe's promise.

"Ooh, get this!" Keefe said, holding out some expensive diamond his dad got when he got into the Elite levels.

"On it!" Marinette said, and with a small smirk, sent out a blast of ice, nearly freezing Keefe's hand.

"Ooh, this girl's got Blondie's spunk!" Ro cheered. "No wonder you love her."

"For the last time, we're just friends," Keefe rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"I still think this was a good idea," Marinette said, plopping down into a chair. "Thanks. I really needed that."

Keefe felt his cheeks pink a little.

"And it's kinda fun having this ability once you settle into it, ya know?" Marinette shrugged, small snowflakes twirling around her fingers. "I mean, I could do anything!"

Keefe could see a twinkle in Marinette's bluebell eyes.

His own eyes started looking around the ice crackling around them.

Maybe Frosters really only saw it, but he now did.

Who knew there was a hidden beauty in ice and snow?

"I mean..." Marinette stood up and stamped her foot at the ground.

"Woah," Ro gasped, and Keefe looked down to see swirls of ice cover the floor.

Keefe felt Ro's lips graze against his ear.

"She better be on your match list if you register," she whispered.

"Oh hush," Keefe pushed Ro out of his face.

"Seriously, you and Bluenette hanging out alone? What could get more romantic than that?" Ro giggled.

"But I already told you; I'm not registering for the match," Keefe stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I'm not getting into that drama."

"I'm sure she'd register if she could," Ro said.

Keefe paled a little. Did Ro know Marinette was a human?

"But I'm sure she's waiting for you to register," Ro teased.

Keefe mentally sighed with relief.

KEEFE WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Wow, Foster, slow down, Keefe transmitted back. Why are you so worried?

Okay, so I wasn't able to tell you since Silveny told me. But she made a complete question that makes no sense, Sophie replied.

Um... ok. So what did she ask?

She was wondering why you, me, and Adrien are feeling connections.

Huh?