Chapter Twenty-Two: Adrien

"Hey, kid, wake up," a raspy voice said.

"Fivemoreminutes," Adrien groaned, wrapping himself deeper into the blankets. He didn't want to leave the bed. He didn't wanna wake up. He'd been exhausted since yesterday.

"Heard Sophie's waiting for you," the voice teased.

"Sophie..." Adrien mumbled, half-aware of the drool coming out of his mouth.

"Ooh, someone's got a new crush!" the voice laughed.

"No..." Adrien replied. "She'sjustafriend."

"Riiiight," the voice said. "Because you two having easy banter is a sign of friendship."

Adrien finally opened his eyes to see Plagg hovering over him.

"Gah!" he cried, tumbling off the bed. "Why did you have to wake me up?"

"I've only been for the past ten hours," Plagg shrugged.

Adrien bolted up with a start.

"Although, I must say, whatever's in those elixirs? I'll have to try those myself," Plagg said. "Girls back in Paris would fight in the Hunger Games for you."

Adrien rubbed his eyes, then stopped short, staring at his hands.

No doubt about it. The skin was definitely... a little different.

Like, somehow smoother.

And when he ran his hands through his hair, it felt... softer, silkier.

Plagg was right.

What was in those elixirs?

He groggily trudged downstairs.

"Wow," Sophie giggled. "Detoxes really sap people's energy."

Adrien pursed his lips together.

But he did catch Biana ogling him for a second.

Fangirls, he mentally groaned.

But he did catch his reflection in a mirror sitting against a wall.

Okay, so he did look like he'd been sleeping for a week (and thankfully, he didn't have any nightmares last night). And his hair was disheveled.

But still.

His eyes seemed to glow brighter, his hair looked shinier and silkier, and it genuinely looked like he went through some kind of "glow up," like what Chloe would always brag about.

"Where's Marinette?" he asked, hoping to change the subject.

"Still sleeping," Linh shrugged. "Poor thing's been worn out since they implanted the powers into her."

Adrien couldn't help noticing the silver framing Linh's face, the color coating the ends of her hair. He couldn't remember anyone else but Tam with dyed hair like that.

"How exactly did you do that?" he asked. "To your hair, I mean."

Linh's cheeks pinked a little.

"It's... a long story," she mumbled.

Adrien decided not to push it.

"Adrien?"

He looked up to see Marinette, and he felt his cheeks heat up.

"Wow," Marinette said, blushing a little. "You... um... you look... different."

"Look who's talking," Adrien said. Her dark blue hair bounced as she walked, the sun shining small flecks of silver into her large bluebell eyes.