Chapter Twenty-Nine: Keefe

"The Miraculous... in the Lost Cities?" Adrien gasped.

Marinette had gathered Keefe, Sophie, and Adrien all together about this new revelation.

"I discovered it when we were going over the beginning of the treaty with humans," Marinette explained. "At first, I saw a flash and what appeared to be a small wooden box, then I saw it in the corner. I know it has to be the Miracle Box."

Keefe wasn't 100% sure about what Marinette was talking about. He'd only known that Miraculous even existed for less than a week. So how did she figure it out within a second? Did it have to do with her earrings?

Not to mention the small book he'd seen her stuff into her bag during study hall. That was definitely suspicious.

"Why is everything so confusing?" Adrien rubbed his forehead.

"Welcome to our world," Sophie giggled a little. "We think we have leads and then we fall behind ten steps and nothing in between makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out what in the world stellarlune and Elysian is. I tried to ask my Universe Mentor today, but he only gave me detention during lunch tomorrow."

"Aww, we have a detention date again!" Keefe said, wrapping his arm around Sophie. Surprisingly, Sophie didn't roll her eyes or immediately push him away.

Strange.

Then again, what wasn't strange anymore in this crazy world?

Not to mention they had only two months before midterms.

Great.

Magnate Leto–A.K.A. the Forkster–was at least being a little nice and trying to convince their Mentors not to go completely hard on the group, considering they've been dealing with the Neverseen and like 500 different issues at once.

And Marinette and Adrien hadn't even been at Foxfire a whole week.

"Okay, let's just add that to the list of Stuff We're Gonna Be Trying To Figure Out For Forever," Sophie sighed, tugging out more eyelashes.

Keefe pursed his lips together. Foster did have a point. There were still many things they didn't know about, and even the list of the new ones was already beginning to get long.

This whole thing regarding the Miraculous and the Lost Cities.

The mysterious connections between himself, Sophie, and Adrien.

What secrets Mommy Dearest was hiding from him.

Why Marinette had some strange variation of an ability.

He didn't know how things could get worse.

"Looks like we're gonna have to get to the Black Swan about this," Sophie sighed.

"Not that they're planning on saying anything right now," Keefe rolled his eyes. "And I'm still waiting for their notes to start rhyming again."

Not to mention that these two aren't official members yet, Sophie transmitted, her eyes trained on Adrien and Marinette.

Yeah, how did I forget about that? Keefe thought back.

Maybe the Forkster would let them join soon.

The Black Swan had been pretty distant lately. It was like they were hiding something that they were waiting to reveal.

So why was Keefe surprised about this?

He wasn't sure.

However, he was interested in the book Marinette had hidden in her bag during study hall.