53

(A/N Theres going to be plenty of time skips until I get to the battle I want

(A/N Theres going to be plenty of time skips until I get to the battle I want. I only want a maximum of four chapters focused on the war after all.)

"Master Bee, are you sure about this, yo?"

Bee turned to face his student stoically and Maki almost instantly felt like she'd said something wrong. He didn't answer, instead choosing to increase the pace that he was running at, not bothering to slow down knowing his student was already much faster than he. Just as he assumed, the brunette caught up and even seemed to be struggling to keep a steady pace, it only made him realise that he was only holding her back. Even though that stung a little, the pride he felt overwhelmed him and the smallest smile slipped onto his face, successfully freaking out his little student.

"M-Master-?"

"Go," The blonde suddenly halted, surprising Maki but she still managed to stop just as abruptly, even if she'd tripped but we dont talk about that. Then, to express the confusion she felt, Maki tilted her head at her sensei with a small pout lining her lips. Bee continued, "Compared to 'ya I'm as speedy as a turtle, go be the protagonist and beat the antagonist, best-friend style, yo!"

 Yeah, that was definitely confusing. Maki sweatdropped, and yet somehow she still understood what he'd said like a second language and sent him an appreciative smile. "Thank you, Master."

"Get yo butt outta here!" He threw a kick at her behind and she let out a startled yelp, instantly running away like the wind and sending a thankful yell to him. Bee laughed before facing the path he would be needed to follow to find a certain blonde haired boy, his final thought echoing Gyukis own.

"Be safe, Maki."

'I don't recognize this place...' Maki thought to herself. For a second she wondered if she'd gotten lost somehow, and she could only hear Kuramas disappointment. Without even asking her, he took over and started walking the other way, completely resetting their path while the brunette pouted and sat down in the mindscape they shared. Turns out, she really hadn't gotten lost and ended up right next to an ongoing battle, consisting of a reincarnated man and an entire army at his mercy. As soon as the familiar large meteor appeared, Kurama sprung into action and coated Makis body with chakra and unsheathed one of her swords as it surrounded in a red aura, then with a single concentrated swing, he had single handedly sliced the large ball of debris in half and left the remaining pieces to the Kazekage and Iwagakure. As soon as he landed back onto the ground, Kurama sheathed Red before closing his eyes. Withing seconds, Maki had taken over and was looking around in surprise before she felt sweat trickle down her forehead.

There, on a cliff and looking down on all of them was Madara Uchiha.

"Not bad..." He narrowed his eyes at her, "Not bad at all."