𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚎𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚝

I woke up early the next morning to get ready for Will's funeral

I woke up early the next morning to get ready for Will's funeral. Dad's schedule was always pretty hectic so we mostly communicate through our sticky notes on the fridge. I'll tell him where and when I'm going somewhere and he'll give me his work schedule. When I got home that night, a sticky note said that he was at work so it wasn't a surprise the next morning when I saw him laid out on the couch, completely asleep. I found our pad of sticky notes and a pen on the table to let him know I was going to the funeral.

I clipped the front pieces of my hair back and found a nice looking black dress that I could wear to it. I wore a little bit of makeup, like I do for all special occasions but hardly ever. I asked the Wheelers yesterday and they said they wouldn't mind if I tagged along with them for the funeral so I wouldn't have to ride my bike all the way to the cemetery. The service was really pretty but after, I saw Jonathan and Nancy sneak off together. I followed after them to see what in the world they were talking about at Jonathan's brother's funeral and give him my condolences on everything that happened.

"We kill it," I hear Jonathan's voice say.

"Kill what?" I ask as I come around the corner and see them sitting on the floor with a piece of paper. Nancy and Jonathan look at each other with serious expressions and nod before looking over at me.

"We need to tell you something really important and you can't tell anyone else about this, okay?" they ask me as I look at them, with my eyebrows furrowed.

"So. We don't think both Will and Barb disappearing is a coincidence. They have to be linked somehow," Nancy begins.

"And my mom, she keeps thinking that Will is still out there and he's still alive. At first I thought she was crazy, talking about a monster with no face and Will talking through the lights until one day,"

"I saw the same thing as her. It was giant and looked almost like a human, but it definitely wasn't. And it definitely wasn't from here. I saw it at Steve's house. You remember when the police officer was talking about a bear? It was the monster I saw,"

"And so we want to find it. We want to find it and kill it so it doesn't hurt anybody else ever again," They finish, looking at me.

"I know this must sound absolutely insane, but please believe us when we say it's true. Every last word of it is true," Nancy says.

"I don't think you're crazy," I tell her.

"Really?"

"I think this is making more sense than anything has in a while. Dad told me about what your mom was talking about. With the lights and the wall and everything? And it can't be a coincidence, Will and Barb went missing within days of each other. It had to have been related or something. They have to be connected somehow," I agree.

They told me their plan to go into the woods and find the monster and kill it with supplies they had brought with them. Jonathan stopped by his dad's car and pulled out a gun from the glove compartment. After that, we all went on our own way to find more supplies before we set off to kill the monster.