𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚖𝚊𝚡

The year went by in a flash until it was suddenly October

The year went by in a flash until it was suddenly October. Dad was still chief of police, the kids were still best friends, and Steve and Nancy were still together. Everything was back to how it used to be. For the most part, that is.

There were a few major changes though.

On a Thursday afternoon, I got home from school and everything felt normal. But when I was sitting in my bedroom finishing homework, Dad walked in the room with two cardboard boxes stacked on top of each other, fill with some of his things. He told me to pack my things because we were moving. I was shocked. We had been living in the trailer since we moved to Hawkins and we hadn't even discussed moving recently. I asked about a million questions and he told me he would explain when we got there, so I did as he asked and packed my things. We drove to and old cabin in the woods which belonged to my great grandfather before he passed away. As we drove up to the old, wooden hut, I saw the silhouette of a little girl. When we got closer, I immediately realized that it was El.

We spent a few days fixing up the cabin, and the three of us had been living there ever since. I was thrilled when I found out El was okay, and the two of us have gotten really close. Her hair is much longer now than the buzz cut she had when i first met her and she's grown a few inches too. I gave her a huge box of my old clothes for her to wear too. I've been tutoring her from home so that one days, she'll be able to go to school, just like any other kid.

I also got a job to pay for some things around the house and for some things of my own. I'm working at The Palace arcade and it's alright most of the time. I see the kids down there almost every week and it's nice to be able to check up on them for Dad.

Lastly, I got a boyfriend. His name is Alex. Short for Alexander. He's really cool, and I would've thought he was way out of my league, but he asked me out two months ago and we've been dating ever since. Our first date was to the homecoming game. Normally, I wouldn't want anything to do with the game, but I made the exception since this was a special occasion

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

I was working at the arcade one evening, giving out prizes and working concessions, when I heard a bit of commotion over by DigDug. A small sigh left my lips, when I realized it was going to be the kids with Keith, one of my coworker. I had to break up fights between them almost weekly at this point. I was always stuck working my shifts with him and he was crazy immature.

"Acne's not a rash and it's not contagious you prepubescent wastoids," Keith insulted as I walked over to the group. I watch from a far for a moment, taking in the all too familiar scene while rolling my eyes.

"Oh, I'm a wastoid? She wouldn't want to go on a date with you. You make, what? Like $2.50 an hour?" I heard Dustin exclaim.

"Nice perm," Keith retaliated.

"Gonna make fun of my hair?" I took this as my queue to step in.

"Keith do you seriously have nothing better to do than insult a couple kids in junior high?" I asked him as I walk over. I look down at his bag of cheese puffs. "And you know we're not supposed to eat during a shift,"