𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚝𝚎

El and Mike embraced, both crying, so happy to see each other in real life for the first time in almost a year

El and Mike embraced, both crying, so happy to see each other in real life for the first time in almost a year. I smiled watching them and felt a wave of relief wash over me seeing that El was back safe.

"I never gave up one you. I called you every night. Every night for-" Mike began to explain before being cut off by El.

"353 days," Mike looked shocked. "I heard,"

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her," Dad jumped in. "The hell is this? Where've you been?

"Where have you been?" She fired back before they too embraced in a hug.

"You've been hiding her," Mike realized. "You've been hiding her this whole time,"

"Hey!" Dad began as Mike shoved into him. "Lets talk. Alone,"

They both went off into the other room to talk, but it sounded like more yelling, to me. I took that time to greet El seeing as I hadn't seen her in a few day.

"El! Jesus, I was so worried about you," I say as I wrap my arms around her.

"I was worried about you," She replied still holding her.

"Don't ever do that to me again, okay? And please, tell me next time you're gonna run off on your own," She nods her head before going to greet everyone else here. She gave a hug to Dustin, Lucas, and Izzy before completely blowing off Max to say hello to Mrs. Byers. El asked if she could go to see Will, so she and Mrs. Byers went into the other room so she could look at Will. She explained everything that had been happening here while she was gone.

"You opened this gate before, right? Do you think you could close it?" Mrs. Byers asked when she showed El the message Will had communicated to us. El looked at her before looking back at the message. She could do it.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. That place is crawling with dogs," Dad said as we were all gathered around the kitchen table, discussing our options.

"Demo-dogs," Dustin corrected.

"I'm sorry, what?" Dad asked, similarly to Max earlier this evening.

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs," He repeated. "Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put it together, it sounds pretty badass,"

"How is this important right now?" Dad asked sternly.

"It's not. I'm sorry," Dustin said, turning his head away from Dad.

"I can do it," El said suddenly.

"You're not hearing me," Dad tried to tell her.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it,"