𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

"Nancy?" I yelled out into the forrest while whipping my flashlight around

"Nancy?" I yelled out into the forrest while whipping my flashlight around. Having had the knowledge that so many people had gone missing in this town in the last week, I was even more desperate to find my friend.

"Nancy!" Jonathan yelled from next to me, turning his head in every direction, hoping to catch sight of Nancy.

"Nancy!"

"Nancy, where are you?"

"Jo!" I heard a voice call out. It had to be her.

"We're here!" I yell out to her.

"Jonathan!"

"Nancy!"

"Im right here!" Her voice yelled, echoing a bit in the vast forrest.

"Follow my voice!" Jonathan advised.

"Jo!" 

A scream then erupted through the forrest. A panic was sent through my body as I realized what a scream like that meant. She sounded so close to us but there was no sign of her anyway. I felt my hand slide into my pocket and grab onto the knife I had brought.

"Nancy!"

Jonathan and I walked forward and saw a small tree with a hole that was covered in some sort of slime. We leaned forward when suddenly, a hand shot out of it, causing a small yelp to escape from my mouth.

"Jo! Jonathan!" We immediately realized that hand belonged to Nancy, so we grabbed onto it immediately and try to pull her out of the tree. I put all of my strength into tugging on her hand. I had already lost one friend this week and I wasn't about to lose another.Nancy shot out of the tree and landed right on top of Jonathan. I watched her face begin to scrunch together as she erupted into sobs. I rubbed her arm with my hand and could feel her body shaking under my touch.

"I've got you," Jonathan muttered to her. The hole in the tree began to almost melt together. We watched as the gap completely sealed.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

After everything that happened that night, Nancy seemed terrified. She hardly said a work on the walk to the car and the car ride back home. I was dropped off at my house and Jonathan went home with Nancy to make sure she was alright after the horrifying ordeal she endured. It was nearly impossible to sleep when all I could think about was the monster and where Will and Barb could be. I just wanted them to be okay. And I just wanted everyone in the town to be left alone. I didn't know what I would do if someone else went missing.

When morning came, I got a call from Jonathan. He told me that after a bit of discussion, he and Nancy were beginning to understand the monster. They knew it was attracted to blood, like a shark. We organized a plan to go to a hunting store downtown and buy proper supplies to catch and kill the monster. The picked me up around an hour later and we set off to prepare ourselves for, what felt like, the battle.