𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚙𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚠𝚗

After everything that had happened, I knew I needed to have a little time alone so I found an empty classroom to try to process everything that had happened

After everything that had happened, I knew I needed to have a little time alone so I found an empty classroom to try to process everything that had happened. It was close enough to the gym so I would be able to hear if the kids needed anything. All I could do was hope that nothing happened to Dad or Mrs Byers and that they would come back with Will soon. I was completely lost in my thoughts when the door to the classroom swung open and I saw Nancy and Jonathan in the doorway.

"Jo, grab your stuff, we're leaving," Nancy said.

"What do you mean? Where are you going?"

"To kill the monster," Jonathan explained.

"But my dad and your mom said we should stay here and watch the kids,"

"They'll be okay. They've got each other and they've got El. They're fine," Nancy said. I stood up from my spot on the floor and walked with them outside. We all got into the Byers' car and began to drive to their house to finish what we started. Thankfully, our supplies from earlier were still in the car so after the silent car ride, we opened the trunk and grabbed everything that we needed and put them all in the house.

We set to work immediately. First, we screwed back every Christmas light. If Mrs. Byers was right, we'd be able to see where it was heading from the lights. We nailed the bear traps onto the floor and made some weapons to defend ourselves. Nancy held a gun and Jonathan had a bat with nails in it. I took a knife from the hunting store. The last thing we did was pour lighter fluid onto the floor so we could light it on fire.

Nancy and Jonathan went to the kitchen to get knives of their own. This thing was attracted by blood, so we had to get some for it to hunt.

"Remember," Jonathan began.

"Straight into Will's room. And-"

"And don't step on the trap," I continued.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move," Jonathan said.

"And then," Nancy said. Jonathan ignited the lighter. Then we'd roast this son of a bitch.

"You guys ready?" Jonathan asked.

"Yeah," I said quietly.

"Ready," Nancy agreed. We lifted our hands and put the blades up to the palms of them.

"On three. One, two..." he trailed off a bit. "We don't have to do this,"

"Jonathan stop talking," Nancy said, trying to focus on what we were doing.

"Three," I said for them both. We all moved the knife and I felt the skin begin to break. Crimson blood gushed out of my head and dripped onto the floor. It was painful, but I knew it would be worth it once the monster was dead.

We later bandaged up our hands. Nancy did mine and once I was finished, she and Jonathan did each other's. There was a small creaking noise coming from the roof. I jumped slightly and looked up in fear.