𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚙𝚢

We drove in the car from sunset to sundown

We drove in the car from sunset to sundown. I really had no idea how I had gotten mixed in to this. I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I really wished I could talk about El, because if I could, it would've been my first excuse to get me out of that car. I felt terrible leaving her like this when I told her I would only be gone for a few hours. I wished I was with her, but there I was, in the passenger seat of Steve Harrington's car with Dustin Henderson

Dustin explained to us that he had found a little reptile in his garbage on Halloween night. While he thought nothing of it at first, he now thought it was a baby demogorgon, which I found very hard to believe. He said it grew 10 times its original size overnight and now it was roaming the streets of Hawkins, probably terrorizing whatever it came across.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asked, turing to look back at Dustin for a moment before returning his gaze to the road.

"First it was like that," Dustin said, spreading out two finger, around three inches or so. Then he spread both arms out to signal its new size. "And now he's like this,"

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard," Steve tried to reason. I could tell he wasn't exactly sure what he was in the car with this group of people, but I understood why Dustin came to us. If this thing really was a baby demogorgon, there weren't many people that could be trusted with information like that.

"It's not a lizard," Dustin said with a very straight face.

"How do you know?"

"How do we know its not a lizard?"

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve said again.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat," Dustin said matter of factly. You cant exactly argue with something like that.

Soon, we pulled up to Dustin's house and opened Steve's trunk where he pulled out the nail bat Dustin had requested.

"You still have that thing just laying in your trunk?" I asked him, laughing a little

"Yeah. You never know when it'll come in handy," he explained. My eyebrows furrowed a bit before I nodded. He slammed the trunk closed and we followed Dustin to his cellar, where he said the demogorgon was trapped. I pointed a flashlight at the cellar door which we had found in Dustin's garage and listened for a sign of the demogorgon.

"I don't hear shit," Steve said after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, are you sure it's still in there?" I asked.

"He's in there," Dustin said confidently. Steve looked over at him before poking the cellar door with the bat, making a clanging sound. Still, no noise from within the cellar. He hit it again, this time much harder.

"All right, listen kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead. All right?" Steve explained threateningly to Dustin as he lifted the flashlight up to his face.