Sunshine, Food & Rats

AN: Hello again y'all! How are y'all doing? This is the 9th episode! That's quite an achievement for me lol, but I couldn't be more thankful for the attention this story is getting <3 We are already at more than 5K, HOW!!??? <333

I have a tiny headcanon for those who marry or have close links with the gifted Madrigal's, such being Agustin and Felix's case, because of their close relationships these interactions with the Madrigal's tend to affect their gifts in certain more positive ways, such as with Pepa could be calmed down with more ease and make sunshine, with Julieta her food would be more flavorful and effective (Well, she is already effective at it) and Bruno? Well, I'm working onto that ;)

Enjoy! <33

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The Past

- So, how are things going with Felix? Any signs of a proposal?-

-Maru! We have been barely dating for two years!-

-So what? You're 17, you both love each other, plus my sister Lupe is what, 14? And her boyfriend of 1 year already is sure of marrying her in the future, that kid got some confidence-

-MARULANDA!-

Both girls started to laugh loudly, simply enjoying the presence of each other and the conversations that always make noticeable changes in weather thanks to Pepa, luckily most were positive

At the moment it has already been two weeks since befriending Bruno, and so every day during a break in the afternoon they would talk and vent while they played Tejo in the background, somedays they would be busy, so those days their meetings moved towards Maru's room window, as she always saved 2 arepas in a plate for both to eat and talk, Bruno would enter from the window or just stay there standing then conversate, trying their best not to laugh at some occasions.

It was an unnoticed and "unimportant" friendship for the town, and that was just fine for both, it was nice complementation; at such a point where if they were walking and someone insulted Bruno, Maru would insult back and Bruno would seem to be forced to stop Marulanda from killing that someone who insulted Flaquito. He always repeated that "It didn't matter/hurt him", but it actually, was a simple white lie.

As for today, she joined Pepa for a sleepover in her room, telling Bruno the day earlier so he wouldn't go to her house. It was a few moments one could enjoy with Pepa, mostly being busy taking care of the climate for the crops plus Maru also had her fair share of work for her Brother's wedding next week, of course, all Madrigal's and townspeople were invited.

Pepa's room was always stunning, a paradise, counting with a king-sized bed, and essential stuff in the middle of the room; surrounding it was a small river and several clouds, then an "open ceiling" that showed as her mood translated to the room and town's climate.

-And what about you? Anyone interesting you have met apart from me?-

-Just the dude I play Tejo with!-

Maru and Bruno agreed for their friendship not to be mentioned between families, both could overreact to a simple silly friendship, so in that way, Pepa didn't know that Bruno was the one Marulanda play Tejo with, so it was funny to see her reactions about the "mysterious guy" who was the climate changer's sibling.

-You should ask him out! You only have two friends and he seems nice!-

-Naaahh, y si te invito a salir a ti mejor?-

Laughing again both girls, it doing noticeable changes in the fantastic room, making sunshine brighter and more fluffy clouds appear, it always amused and surprised Maru, it made visits way more fun.