Next Saturday / The Sun

AN: Hello hello, gosh, it really took a lot of energy trying to write the last chapter, but! everything is good now, this chapter was actually easier to write, I felt it flowed with more ease than the last one lol.

Also, I had the time of my life reading all the comments for the last chapter, all of you being defensive for Maru against Santiago had me dying of laughter lmaooo. You'll probably hate the guy more this chapter, as it will be all that happens during the date.

Today's chapter art has been made by me, I'm not very good at anatomy and I think I did a decent job at drawing Marulanda's locks lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE! Hope we have a great 2022, and surely I'll finish this whole story in this new year lol, it's a VERY LONG STORY FR.

You guys thought you had a bad time last chapter? Boooy, this one will surprise you ;)

✦˚₊꒷︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦⊹๑˚₊꒷︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦₊˚✦

The Past

Morning at the Salazar's shop goes smoothly, various sales and simple orders that make the early embrace of the sun much better than ever, thank goodness Pepita has been in a good mood lately.

-I'll have to buy more white thread these days, along with the brown one... We are running short of them soon; also, we have to get more of the warm-colored wool- Every Saturday or Friday they did a small inventory check, just to see what they were running short of soon and buy enough for one month or two, it always had some discounts on how many were ordered, it was a good deal.

-Noted!- Lupe answered as she took note of what they needed to order, just some sisterly teamwork. -Comó estamos de telas? He visto que nos falta Tul de algunos colores-

-Ah, Tulle. People aren't buying a lot of it these days... I'll check with mom later tomorrow if she has some in storage-

-I think she does, she made Alejita some sort of Tutu- Alejandra, one of the newborn nephews in the Salazar's family, very pampered by their grandparents, especially Mamá Elvira.

-Yes! Sarita showed me! It was very very pretty!-

Today the usual shop schedule went different, today they were closing at 1 pm, one hour earlier than the opted time of meeting with Santiago for their date, he had the evening planned as he said, Maru didn't protest at all with his ideas, it seemed to be a fun evening!

-Anyways, I'll finish checking the rest of the fabrics, you go finish some of the orders so we can close earlier-

-Ay verdad, para tu cita- Lupe mocked her older sister, laughing a little and teasing the older one for going on a date after years of not being on one.

-Oh shut up, it's a simple invitation, I barely know him and he seems like a nice acquaintance- All week Maru has repeated the same over and over her annoying family, it was all taken lightly, they mess around each other a lot, it's a family thing.

-Whateveeeer- She brushed off what her older sister said, as long as she could breathe, she was going to mock Marulanda around. -I don't get why we are working on a Saturday anyways-

-Because that way we won't work on Monday, Papá's birthday, plus we are closing the shop early today, calm down-

-... Fair enough- Guadalupe didn't protest, after all, it was a good idea from her older sister so they could join the upcoming family celebration without a problem. 

-Yeah, now go and do some work, I gotta finish checking the inventory so I can order everything - She patted Lupe's back softly, signaling for her to continue the work as Maru would take care of the rest.