AN CHAPTER: THERE'S FANART!?

Hello hello! Seems like we are back with an Author Note Chapter! I haven't done one in a while!

Today's AN is quite different and special tho! Because I can very proudly say that there's Fanart of this story, and I am so thankful to these people and their amazing art skills <33

But also, I'm finally bringing what I promised in earlier chapters! Drawings of Bruno's visions about Maru. They aren't drawn perfectly as I described them in earlier chapters, but that's because I SUCK with anatomy lmao. There are also some "headcanons", or well, canons in this story that I want to mention! So we'll divide this AN chapter into those 3 sections.

━─━────༺༻────━─━

STORY HEADCANONS & CANONS

Maru's full name is Marulanda Belissa Salazar, the Belissa is never used around her, but it's supposed to be in honor of a late grandmother, or at least that's what she's told.

Her first name can be a surname but it's also the name of a town, that's because her parents had to flee from armed conflicts two times, first one in Cartagena their origin place, then eventually the same town as Alma's, Marulanda was the little town that helped the Salazar's in the way around, so when they had Maru in Encanto, the name seemed fitting.

Bruno's got quite the sweet tooth and liking for greasy foods, such as arepas, empanadas, and several more foods I'm too lazy to write lol. He likes that food, but he tends to lose appetite easily.

The Salazar siblings have several strange age gaps, if we count their current story ages, Sarita is 27 while Jacobo is 23, leaving a 4 year-ish gap between the oldest ones, then Marulanda is 18 currently and Lupe is 16, leaving a short 2-year gap. These year gaps between both sets of older and younger siblings were caused by the family fleeing several times, so they could only afford to have Maru and Lupe after setting in Encanto.

The Salazar's are all an Afro-Native Latinos family, although none of them inherited the native straight hair feature, they all have a variety of native face features.

Pepe is a way to nickname people with the name Jose, so, I headcanon that Pepa must have a female version of the name Jose, maybe Josefa? Her door might be "Pepa" just like Alma's door is "Abuela", it's a nickname that has become part of who they are and so the magic shows it on the doors!

Bruno and Julieta are quite closer, although she doesn't let Bruno cook because of the rats. On the other side, Pepa and Maru are closer, as mentioned in earlier chapters, thanks to Pepa's work on the camps and Sarita being a farmer herself.

If they were set to be in a Modern AU, they would have met in a similar way, or even in a cafeteria. I would see Bruno studying Philosophy or something similar, while Marulanda would either be into fashion or culinary

That's all headcanons I can think of so far, leave your comments about your Headcanons about the characters! I'm quite interested in what you all think :)

━─━────༺༻────━─━

THE FROG MADE SOME DRAWINGS

So... I finally drew what I owe you guys! Some little doodles along with the visions.

Of course, I suck a lot with anatomy so most of these drawings won't be perfect or fit correctly with the earlier description of the visions on early chapters (I'm considering going back and editing some of those chapters, but so far I won't do it yet)

First, these little dumb doodles I made, The ones in some sort of black tablet was a strange gift I got for Christmas, I don't know the exact name, but it's cool 💪😼