Holiday Bonding

AN: Hello everyone! I am back again to bring you some more nice fluff so you shall suffer more the moment the angst and tragedies begin >:) And believe me, I have WHOLE angst dialogues ready and saved for the moment they shall appear.

I also have to tell you that I'm starting school again soon, so chapters will begin to take more time to finish and post, I hope you guys understand and hopefully still like the story even if it takes some time to finish :(

For now, enjoy this chapter! <33 And thank you all for the amazing support.

If you are interested in some little more extra content around, y'all can check my TikTok (@marku_n_frogs) I've posted one or two videos for now about extra things about this story and some vague spoilers of the future ;)

╔╦══ ⋆ ⋆ ✦ ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ✦ ⋆ ⋆ ══╦╗

The Past

-Don't set the Chispitas Mariposa up yet! We still have to finish the Natilla and Buñuelos, damn!-

December 7th arrives, and along with it, the celebration that begins with the Christmas holidays here in Colombia, the Dia de las Velitas, celebrated as the beginning of the Immaculate Conception where people go out and turn candles and lanterns on as they wish for prosperity and other aspects, and as always, The Madrigal's tend to take the spotlight with this celebration.

But this year was different, as they choose to do a close celebration earlier and then join the town later on as they set the candles on, they deserved some privacy apart from being the host of any big Celebration.

For so, a nice evening at the magical casita began, Agustin and Felix attended too, but also Marulanda who tried to bring her siblings along to join them, but the oldest had things to take care of, and Guadalupe didn't care at all and had some other plans with the family and Osvaldo... That girl still tends to be so rude sometimes

Two months have flown by after the date, and so there was a long-ish period of awkwardness between Bruno and Maru, they could barely interact decently for some time, but it all eventually settled down, and now they are just better than ever in their friendship, although emotions and feelings are lingering around that confuse things every once in a while, nothing that time could help figure out completely.

-A ve' Maru, una vueltica a ve'- As Felix hung around more after getting engaged with Pepa, the only two costeños close to the Madrigal became friends too, along with Agustin, who also quite liked dancing even being quite accident-prone like always.

So it was a nice mix, the only people who seemed to be closer in different terms to the Madrigals... Plus Bruno! He got along with all three of them, but for obvious reasons, Maru was his favorite from the whole group.

-At least put some guaracha or cumbia and I might dance- She laughed at Felix antics, who eventually invited Pepa to dance to the music while the rest of the people in the house chatted and helped in the kitchen to make the food, Maru was the one in charge to stir the Natilla on the pot, thankfully she had the strength to keep it up for a long while, or else it would get ruined.

-Agustin! Don't get too close to the oil!- Julieta warned as she formed the buñuelos, warning her clumsy boyfriend to prevent an accident, it was already enough to deal with his bad luck and bee allergies.

-Sorry Juli! Just wanted to help- He laughed in an embarrassed manner, giving Julieta a small kiss on the cheek as he retired away from that zone in the kitchen.

-Why don't you help Marulanda instead?-

Marulanda looked at them as soon as she was mentioned, furrowing an eyebrow as she tried to hear over the strong noise of music. -Nah! I'm all good over here!- She brushed it off, she was quite okay with the stirring. -Plus, the curd is already forming, should we add the cheese now?-