⨷ Chapter 1

13 years later...

"Azalea, get up honey. It's time for breakfast." Azalea's mother called.

With a groan, she threw the covers back and got up. Her wavy brown hairs were sticking out in all directions. She fixed her appearance and dragged herself down to the kitchen.

"good morning mum."

Julia smiled at her little girl. She was 11 now, they have to send her to school soon.

From the other side of the kitchen her brother Dylan entered. Both of them looked first at an empty chair and then at each other. For a second nothing happened, suddenly both rushed and grabbed the chair at the same time.

"This is mine, I saw it first." azalea said.

"But I grabbed it first." Dylan argued. Azalea didn't care, she pushed her brother away and sat on the chair.

"children" their mother said, "look, this chair is the same as that one, sit here." With a huff, Dylan sat on the another one, glaring at azalea who was already celebrating her triumph. Minutes later, their father came, "both of you come to the study after eating. We've a matter to discuss."

The siblings nodded, too afraid of their father to say anything and began eating their breakfast.

-----x---x---

In the study-

Azalea and Dylan sat on the couch in front of their father, waiting for him to say something.

"both of you are 11 now," he began "you belong to a very powerful family of wizards. you have to learn magic so we will be sending you to a wizard school. I had sent letters for your admission to different schools."

The twins looked at each other. They knew they belonged to a magical family but azalea didn't want to leave home. Dylan on the other hand was overjoyed.

"Dylan, you will be going to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry and azalea, you will be going to beauxbatons."

She was shocked, her only hope was to go with her brother to the same school but her father had crushed this. She didn't want to be alone. As if sensing her fear, her mother said, "don't worry azalea, you won't be alone. Your friend Aiden will be going with you."

Aiden. Aiden sanders, her best friend. The Mccliverts and the sanders were very close and azalea had known Aiden since she was a baby. They both were inseparable.

"Both of you go get ready, we will be going to diagon alley to buy your school stuff."

------x---x---

Diagon ally-

azalea looked in wonder at all the different shops in the diagon alley. the streets were buzzling with people and kids running through different shops. there was a cauldron shop right at the entrance. Cauldrons—All sizes—Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver—Self Stirring—Collapsible  said a sign hanging over them.

 She turned her head in every direction as they walked up the street, trying to look at everything at once, the shops, the things outside them, the people doing their shopping. A plump woman outside an apothecary was shaking her head as they passed, saying, "Dragon liver, sixteen sickles an ounce, they're mad ..." several children of her age had presses their noses against a window with broomsticks in it, admiring the 'new nimbus two thousand'

" can i get the new broomstick dad" Dylan pleaded. He was a big fan of quidditch. "of course, lets go. Azalea go to ollivanders in the meantime ." Fredrick said.

A bell rang as azalea entered the wand shop. She looked around, the whole shop was filled with different wands. She wondered how will her own wand look.

"ah, miss Mcclivert, come here to buy your first wand i assume." an old man with ruffled white hairs said.

"yes, Mr ollivander." she said politely.

" Very well, " he said, handing her a box with a wand inside. she took the wand and as she swung it, the bulb hanging from the ceiling bursted. She instantly put the wand down, scared.

"unicorn hair doesn't suits you. let's try a different one." he said, disappearing through the shelves. Thirty minutes had passed, azalea had tried every wand but none of them had chosen her. She was already on the verge of crying whereas mr ollivander was deep in thought. no wand had chosen the girl. He then remembered a wand, lying buried in those shelves. A wand he never talked about. Reluctantly, he pulled it out and presented it to the girl. 

"Try this one. Maybe this will chose you." he said. Though he hoped the wand won't chose her. Azalea looked at the wand, it was black with vines curled around the handle. Two beautiful sparkling gems were embedded on the edge. The moment she held the wand, she felt a powerful sensation flow through her veins. The crystals in the wand started glowing. 

She smiled, finally a wand had chosen her

She smiled, finally a wand had chosen her. She gave it to ollivander."it chose me."

"13" elder wood ,dragon heartstring core. its a powerful wand miss Mcclivert, be careful of what spells you cast. This wand is known to bring both doom and redemption." he told her.

Azalea nodded, too happy with her wand to heed to his warnings. She paid the price and went out ready to shop for school.