⨷Chapter 7

[A/N- the music is for this part only. ] enjoy...

"I'm Alastor Moody, ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?"

With a MASSIVE THUD, Moody droped a textbook on Neville's desk, the same textbook on everybody' · The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

With a MASSIVE THUD, Moody droped a textbook on Neville's desk, the same textbook on everybody' · The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection. "-

His eyes scanned the silent classroom and landed on harry. They seemed to hold the gaze for a moment, until moody turned and limped to the teacher's desk, while azalea sat on last seat, far from him and watching his every movement like a hawk. The little staring competition did not go unnoticed by her. He is interested in harry. But then again, who wasn't.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. You may wonder what I mean by that. I'll show you. But first, which of you can tell me..." he snatched a specimen jar and took a spider out. ". .. how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

The class traded uneasy glances. Finally, granger's hand shot up.

"yes, miss granger."

"There are three, sir" she stopped. "How did you know ..."

Moody continued circling the class, "Your name? I know a bit more than that. You are the top of your classes, correct."

"Yes, sir..."

"Naturally inquisitive?"

"Yes ..."

"Socially inept"

"Well. ..." she stammered.

"And. Muggle born."

"I am not going to walk into a class full of strangers without doing some background. Constant vigilance!" he jabbed his staff on the floor causing harry to jump. "The devil likes disguises. Never forget that." He whispered to harry.

"of course, I do." Azalea smirked. "What are you blabbering Mcclivert." Draco said from behind her. "Nothing that concerns you, Malfoy." She snapped back.

She resumed her attention on moody. He saw Finnigan stick his chewing gum without even turning his head. He's vigilant.

"...and hear across classrooms. So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

He is an auror. Aurors don't use the unforgivable curses even during battles and yet here, we have an ex-auror, teaching us unforgivable curses, right on his very first day. Azalea smiled. It was not a warm happy one instead, it was a sinister, evil smile. She saw as he landed the spider on a laughing draco, who started shrieking. "The great, cocky, egoistic,  Malfoy, scared of a spider" she scoffed.

"Got anything to say, Miss McClivert." Moody placed the spider over her desk, hoping to scare her. But azalea was clever than that, she smiled at moody, picked the spider in her palm and ran a finger across its length. She let the spider crawl across her arm, then her shoulder and finally at the top of her head, without breaking her gaze with moody.